My fading suffered a miscarriage

by Ireneus 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

No that wasnt a miscarriage. A miscarriage is a biological process outside conscious thought. This was an abortion. You choose to kill your fade. Not judging, Just want to be clear for others who may read this and think fading is inpossible or even difficult.

If you wanted to keep your fade alive you could have simply thanked them for their concern and told them you would think over what they said.. or do what ive done and decline to speak with them at all.

Life is choices. Own them.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

ttdtt,

I have no family members in JW. I was contacted by JW when I came for my higher studies. Next year my studies would be completed, and would be moving to another location.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Welcome Ireneus,

If you have no family or serious girlfriend/boyfriend who is a JW, then there is little benefit or point to fading.

You might reason that if you fade, you can maintain relationships with those you consider as 'friends' at the kingdom hall. Unfortunately, JWs who fade, often find those who they thought were 'friends', will no longer have much to do with them once they stop attending meetings on a regular basis.

Even if you are disfellowshipped, that is only a label JWs place on you, which means nothing to anyone other than JWs, depending how YOU feel about it.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

What Incognito said is spot on. You have no family in, you are very lucky. The "friends" you made in the org are just conditional friends. A true friend would never abandon you. We faded almost 5 years ago and not one "friend" has contacted us.

"Even if you are disfellowshipped, that is only a label JWs place on you, which means nothing to anyone other than JWs, depending how YOU feel about it."

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Ireneus.

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

We don’t believe it’s an impossible choice. A person can stop associating with Jehovah’s Witnesses, have nothing to do with Jehovah’s Witnesses, without taking the step of disassociation.’

Yes, they will just dis-fellowship you and save you the effort of having to decide for yourself...

But seriously though, look at the above statement: The term "A person" is used instead of brother or sister. This clearly shows that the speaker is not referring to a baptised person. Therefore the above statement is true.

How many people, not familiar with JWspeak, would misunderstand the above statement? Most, if not all, I would say.

These clever spins are good for 2 reasons:

1 - It deceives those not in the organisation or not familiar with the organisation. It creates an official denial of certain accusations levelled at it.

2 - 'Appostates' who misunderstand what the statement actually says and apply it to something else give the faithful ammunition with which to attack their attackers. In this instance it appears that people think this statement contradicts the 'Borgs' actions regarding dis-fellowshipping of baptised members.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

WhatshallIcallmyself

That's an interesting observation on their careful wording with "person." Thus listeners are effectively misled about the true condition within the org.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

That doesn't make sense because people who are not baptised can't disassociate.

I think you are reading too much into this.

Edit: sorry directed at the statement 2 above

• Onager
    Onager

Hi, you could say that I successfully faded, I've not been disfellowshipped after all. Despite this however, of all the people that I grew up with and knew for 30 years only ONE of them has any contact with me now. All of the others have proved themselves false friends. As you don't have any family in the organisation my advice would be to walk away now. There's not really any point in fading or playing by their rules, as soon as it is known that you aren't 100% on board you will be effectively shunned anyway.

• nugget
    nugget

I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage I hope you are ok. It is an emotional time and you could have done without the added pressure of a JC.

It can be an exercise in futility since you have already been judged before you attend. I think you made the right decision to protect yourself from further stress. Certainly this was not an appropriate time for elders to question your faith but a lack of compassion is one of their traits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit