My fading suffered a miscarriage

by Ireneus 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

I thought of successfully fading out, but suffered a miscarriage last week. I gradually decreased the number of meetings I attended. In the latter half of the year it became once a month, then once in two months, once in three months ….

Last week, two elders who visited me, after their bla..bla..asked: “Where will you go leaving the motherly organization—the only truth now available on earth?”

I replied: “That’s your dogma. But the obvious truth is that all religions differ only in some details, not in essence because all religions teach the paramount truth that God exists, and everyone receives according to what he sows.” If anyone believes God exists and does what pleases Him—loving His other children, then there is no reason why that one should be counted as a false worshiper.

Is this your final word?

Yes

Then we will let you know later the date for a formal sitting.

No, you two can be the witnesses to my utterances, put this in writing and close your proceedings, I told them.

I thought of fading taking two year time--but suffered a miscarriage.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

A miscarriage of justice for sure.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome to the forum Ireneus now you have said your piece to the two elders you have no more need to speak to any of them again and certainly do not need to attend a JC

Do not be intimidated into thinking they have power /authority over you they do not .

keep us informed of your progress in knowing TTATT.

take care and I wish you well.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

well congrats on your independence from "mother"

Was there a reason for fading that will be affected by this?

Isnt it great to see the love? I mean, they go there, probably counting time too, only to try to get you to condemn yourself (in their eyes) so they can duly punish you and act as though you never existed. ah now that's warm christian love!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Motherly organization! I would have asked them to show me where it says that in the bible. Also I would have mentioned that even Geoff Jackson doesn't believe they are the only truth holders on Earth as that would seem presumptuous. Then I would have directed them to Terry O'Brien's testimony to the ARC that one may stop having anything to do with the JWs without having to disassociate or be disfellowshiped.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Thank you, moreconfusedthanever, for directing my attention to ARC .

Interesting piece of information where T’Obrien is quoted as saying “‘We don’t believe it’s an impossible choice. A person can stop associating with Jehovah’s Witnesses, have nothing to do with Jehovah’s Witnesses, without taking the step of disassociation.’

http://thinkingwitnesses.org/royal-commission-reloaded-angus-stewart-vs-watchtower/

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Welcome Ireneus.

It looks like you don't have anything to lose or anyone holding you back from speaking your mind. Whatever your situation is, you can clearly now tell the wolves - politely or bluntly - to get lost, because you've pulled back the curtain. Many of us wish it was this easy for us - but everyone's case is different. Best wishes as you cut them off.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

welcome Ireneus, you replied to their stupidity with intelligence and respect, the problem is you would have activated the process of a JC , you probably realise that and I hope it works out well for you and you dont stand to lose too much, please keep us updated.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

From the time they introduced overlapping generation, I was a lurker in all apostate websites, now well-grounded to take on even four elders next time.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Welcome Ireneus.

I guess you just had enough? It would have been easy enough to brush them off if you wanted to.

Do you have family or close friends you may lose?
    I hope not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit