If the Almighty, Powerful, benevolent God had a book written for humans, what would it contain?

by pistolpete 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I know for a fact it would not start off with a talking snake, magical fruit, invisible beings that desire beautiful women to have sex with.

And it wouldn’t end with a flying Dragon, a two horned lamb, locusts that resembled horses with men’s faces, but with women’s hair and teeth of lions.

And the book wouldn’t allow for hundreds of millions of religions to spurt from it.

I think the first thing a book written by God would have, is that it would be written in a way that all languages could understand WITHOUT BEING TRANSLATED.

Regardless of what language you would speak, we could read it and understand what it said.

Information that would help us understand diseases and genetic defects and how to treat them.

Information on how to avoid war and control population growth.

Whether God wanted to be worshiped or whether He just wanted us to live our life without any form of worship.

Updates every trillion years.

Being straight from the beginning, on whether his purpose for us was to live a limited life or if he had plans to have us live forever.

What else?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

A nice picture of the author on the back cover.

• waton
    waton

An open line to the author where real answers are given, or caveats like: I want you to do your own research, the best teacher.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

He / She would give absolute evidence-- proof He / She existed without having to just have faith that She / He existed .

And such a GOD would not leave humans at the mercy of an opponent of GOD for thousands of years to cause such misery to them.

And not dangle a carrot of hope in them that all in his good time he will do something about it and not before.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    smiddy3

And not dangle a carrot of hope in them that all in his good time he will do something about it and not before.

Dangling a carrot is the way humans control people. It's religious spiritual leaders that say;

"This is what God wants, and if you do it you get Everlasting life.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

If God is that switched on, it wouldn't need to use a book. But as it is, God's a thicko.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    An open line to the author where real answers are given, or caveats like: I want you to do your own research, the best teacher.

The book would say the above and only the above - I want you to figure things out on your own.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

My dad didn’t write a book for me to read and know about him. He stood for me all the time and did everything and protected me until his Lifetime. I have his memories and live by that now.

I expect GOD to do the same. But he/she doesn’t.

Even if a book is written by God these should be present:

Chapters about Human Physiology, germs, Universe, Natural forces, Explanation for Natural disasters, a complete chapter about Economics where poverty wouldn’t be present and many more.... for the welfare of each species on the planet

But what it contains (Bible)

Fairy tales of Talking snakes and Donkeys, Zombies, Blood bath wars, Vengeance, Ignorance and finally a despicable human Sacrifice that supposedly saves mankind

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It would not overlook genocide, slavery, rape of little girls after you killed their parents in some stupid war.

It would teach that women are not secondary to men. It should give you a way to prove that its author exists.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

The god of the bible is more than a little bit dumb!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit