WT Branch in Poland: Buy building of three floors located in the heart of Wlochy in Warsaw, for US $500,000 .

by hildebrando 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Just watched the video. They are asking for volunteers to finish the inside. Strange amount of time devoted in the video to the underground garage and automatic doors.

Need an address. Where in Wlochy is it? This is one of the next big growth areas in Warsaw.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Does Poland have an extradition treaty with the US? 😆

Also 500k is nothing for a US Corporation to spend on an office building. A regular house (single family home) here south of NY on the East Coast starts at 300k. It's a cheap cheap buy for an actual office building, IMHO.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Actually it is a lot of money for here. Especially since it is just a 3-story building. Need to watch video again to see if one floor includes underground garage. For approximate US conversion, please multiply everything by 3 or 4 X.

I am starting to suspect that some well connnected 'brother' got in over his head and reached out to the branch to see if they might be interested. Pure conjecture, but will follow up. They could have constructed same building in Lublin or elsewher in depressed areas of eastern Poland for much less.

• hildebrando
    hildebrando

Thank you, WTS Archive!

I posted your original letter on my blog, with your respective credits.

FadeToBlack:

Thank you for your investigation. :)

Lieu:

American parameters are valid only in the United States. The reality of the rest of the world, is another matter...

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Strange amount of time devoted in the video to the underground garage and automatic doors.

The WT always likes to put emphasis on odd simple things. I'm sure if they bought some building that had an automatic toilet paper dispenser dispensing just one sheet the majority of time selling that purchase would point out how nice the automatic toilet dispenser is and how it's evidence of J's blessing.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Thanks for the letter!

PDF mirror

and Thanks for the Video with Subtitles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzw-UHat4UY

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    Any address? I want to do a drive by and maybe stop and ask some questions if I see anybody.
  • Malachi Constant
    Malachi Constant

...while moving all the operations to either Czech branch or to Finland.

For the Finnish Branch they have recently announced big reductions, 30-40 of the bethelites would go. Instead, they may be looking at countries, where living (and other) expenses are lower.

• sir82
    sir82

just weeks after they announced the purchase of this building and schedule for adapting it to their needs (with the usual "we hope Jehovah will bless this undertaking") the letter about downsizing came, which also stated that a number of building projects are either delayed, halted or cancelled. And now I got reliable information that this project is halted as well.

More evidence that either

(a) there is a serious lack of communication at the very top of the chain of command, or

(b) there was a sudden, massive, unexpected, and near-catastrophic negative financial event recently

...not to mention the leak of this information!

None of which bodes well for the future of the organization.

• hildebrando
    hildebrando

Exactly, Sir 82!

Argentina Branch Letter's says:

"As in the program JW Broadcasting May was mentioned, the Governing Body has fully analyzed in order to optimize use of resources. In order to achieve this objective, it has established a reduction in the amount of special pioneers, construction servants, and members of the Bethel family worldwide"

The Polish Letter is dated in September...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit