Your opinion is watchtower extremist?
In the 16th century puritans were seen as the most "extreme" religions in the world. (not from me, see link below)
Puritan muslim are refering to them and JW as examples of "purify" the their religion, it would be interesting to compare the puritans from 16 centruy with JW, to see who would be more "extreme".
CHRISTIANIY PURIFIED FROM CHRISTMAS
Puritan war against christmas
PURITAN MUSLIM VIEW
‘whoever imitates a people is one of them’1
Link: Christmas and paganisation of christiany - puritan Muslim view
Even though most of the West has immersed itself into the Christmas culture without questioning its origins or pagan connotations, the paganisation of the Christian faith has not gone unnoticed by all, rather we see in the past that Christmas was rejected by many Protestant groups during the 16th century, and in addition, Puritans of 17th century England and America banned the festival of Christmas as pagan. Oliver Cromwell also banned Christmas after the English Civil War due to the belief that it was a pagan belief which encouraged sin and immorality interpolated into the Christian faith. Christians such as Jehovah Witnesses continue to hold beliefs similar to the Puritans and reject the notion of Christmas altogether.
We also find that the process of secularization has caused Christmas in the past few years to lose all remnants of the Christian faith and has made it a secular holiday with paganistic practices.
regardless of the taunts of liberal Muslims and non-Muslims who may call us ‘radicals’ and ‘fundamentalists’. To be fundamental is a part of Islām as ʿĀ’isha (raḍiy Allāhu ʿanha) narrates that the Prophet (sall Allāhu ʿalayhi wa sallam) said ‘Whoever innovates something in this matter of ours (Islām) that is not a part of it will have it rejected
Muslims, by the grace of Allāh, have been afforded a complete way of life which details that which is best and most beneficial for the entire human race.
So much similiarties Wow
JW, Mormons - new version of Israelites.
Is Watchtower extremist? Yes, of course. Here's why ...
1. if the state doesn't have mandatory supporting, JWs won't report child abuse or help with police investigations
2. if a JW, or child born to JW parents, needs a blood transfusion to save life, the JW or child will be denied this then end up dying.
3. seven men in upstate NY exercise near total control of what 7 million people can do, say and even think.
4. shunning happens and is encouraged by the GB - it's a requirement.
5. often, JWs are influenced to write the WT into their will.
6. public 'witnessing' (door-to-door, carts) is mandatory, not left up to individual choice.
7. children are coerced not to make friends with "worldly" students.
8. JW's are required to use their own Bible, which they altered to fit their agenda. -- This is perhaps the single most damning piece of evidence, after forbidding life saving blood transfusions, that prove the JW's are EXTREMIST, IMHO.
9. No outside literature is allowed to verify anything, unless the 7 dwarfs in NY say so or quote from it.
10. Anyone who has been a JW for some time knows that they make it very clear and has been mentioned in public talks through the outlines (maybe WiFi bandit has a copy) that the JW's are not just a religion but a WAY OF LIFE, one that MUST abide with their rules and even if you are born into it you have no choice but to obey, OBEY and OBEY.
This is in addition to LUHE's excellent list I made real fast before I get to work. Until later! ;)
Watchtower is an apocalyptic cult. So yes, they are extremist. The Pew polls show that their adherents are the poorest and least educated. They also have the lowest retention rate. Likely more have died because of denial of blood transfusions than perished because of Jim Jones, David Koresh, and Heaven's Gate--many times over.
Watchtower enforces their teachings aggressively, killing without committing outright violence.
And still a ban is not a solution. Taxing the organization into dissolution is.
Londo: Taxing the organization into dissolution is.
Lol! I would think that seizing all WT property in Russia is a pretty big tax.
Are the JWS extremists ?
Lets have a critical analytical look.
..... the JWS enforces its members to abandon their families if they dont want to continue supporting or have any involvement with the WTS publishing house.
...... the JWS encourages people to make a human sacrifice to Yahweh by refusing blood transfusions, so thousands of JWS have let themselves die including unknowing innocent children
....... the JWS will not participate in any civil government affairs or voting.
........ the JWS will not do anything toward public charities but instead are encouraged to give money to the WTS which has been recognized as being corrupt and maligning.
......... the JWS demean education to its learning impressionable children or teenagers but rather encourages these young ones to be public sales representatives for its own publications, which are wrought with corrupt commercialized doctrines .
....... the JWS enforces the abandonment of people with different sexuality identities, some of these abandoned ones have committed suicide from loosing their families and friends.
........ the JWS divides and breaks up families designating and instilling the notion that other JWS are their new family members so people's real biological family members are cast a side.
So from that honest observation the answer to the posed question would have to be yes.
Extremist? Certainly. How helpful to his case would it be for a prosecutor to play video excerpts in court from last year's convention showing the Russian dad forbidding his violinist prodigy son from accepting a conservatory scholarship, or a mom refusing to answer her lonely daughter's phone call?
So many good posts here today!
Definitions of "extremism" and "extremist":
- "belief in and support for ideas that are very far from what most people consider correct or reasonable"
- "advocacy of extreme measures or views"
- "a person who favours or resorts to immoderate, uncompromising, or fanatical methods or behavior"
Now think about some of the beliefs and practices held by the Jehovah's Witnesses. Do they fit the definitions?
- A Jehovah's Witness will rather die (or let his infant child die) rather than accept a blood transfusion that may save her life;
- Jehovah's Witness hold that their religion is the only true religion and all other religions are destined to be destroyed by God;
- Jehovah's Witnesses will rather be fined, imprisioned, tortured, and executed rather than getting involved in mandatory military service;
- Jehovah's Witnesses will completely ostracize former members of the religion, including family members who don't live in the household.
- Jehovah's Witnesses will expel from their household non-dependent family members who engage in ongoing immoral (by their definition) sexual behavior.
- Jehovah's Witness will terminate unilaterally fellowship with whomever develop a disagreement with even one doctrine or practice advocated at any given time by their leadership.
- Jehovah's Witnesses will chose to be considered socially awkward rather than joining the mainstream society in celebrating holidays, birthdays,etc ...
- Jehovah's Witnesses teach hatred towards other religions.
- Jehovah's Witness are expected to mindlessly and acritically obey every instruction from their leadership.
- Jehovah's Witness believe they are a specially sanctified spiritual elite and that they must live separated from the world, which they believe is wholly controlled by Satan, thus abstaining from exercising their civil rights and obligations.
All of the above (and some more) fits entirely in the definition of extremism ...