Just wanted to share my little bit of good news.

by nicolaou 24 Replies latest social family

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Also, great to be the one that breaks the link and saves the family eh?!

Yes indeed. I have a great feeling that my family has been rebuilt following my parents foraging in witness-land.

My brother and I are now great friends after 40 years of little contact. I have 5 children, 6 grandchildren, a very pleasant social circle and life is pretty good. I'm a very lucky man.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Thanks for the nice comments. Yes, it is nice to see the cult chain broken.

I'm one of five siblings all raised in 'The Truth' (eurgh). My brother and I are the only ones who had kids and we are also the only ones who left the cult. Our other brother and two sisters are all firmly 'in' and have not had children so the day is coming when the Watchtowers ghastly experiment with our family, which started in 1969, will be over.

Nic x

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Congratulations, Nicolaou!

Definitely worth opening the Worther's Originals over.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great post. Congrats. Rock on!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Congratulations Nic. Your metaphor of the broken chain reminds me of the work of sociologist Daniele Hervieu-Leger who described the passage of religious traditions down the generations as a “chain of memory”. The idea is that society as a whole has broken the chain of religious transmission and thus become secular. In your own case the chain of Jehovah’s Witness belief has been broken. There is no chance your granddaughter will ever return to JWs in later life because she will never be indoctrinated in the first place. JW belief holds no fundamental place in the worldview of the next generation, and can’t signify chilike security or certainty as it perhaps did for you or me or others brought up in or around the JW religion. As you say, the chain is broken.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit