Just wanted to share my little bit of good news.

by nicolaou 24 Replies latest social family

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I haven't been posting here much lately, I think I only created one topic in 2018! But this is worth it.

I am a grandfather 😊

I know, I know. It happens all the time but damn, it feels good. I'm not really able to share photos or names but she's healthy and beautiful and both I and Mrs Nic' absolutely fell in love with her.

Of all the ups and downs her future will bring, she will at least not face the cultic upbringing so many of us were saddled with. My boy was about 12 when I took my kids out of meetings and he's done great in the nearly 20 years since. He'll be a great Dad.

I don't want to make this about Watchtower, I'm just so happy to have this little girl in my life. But yes, there's a little part of me with a smirking grin on my face sticking two fingers up at the cult.

"Fuck you. My family are free and happy!"

Nic'

• just fine
    just fine

Congrats! Enjoy every minute.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Fantastic!!! Congrats!!!

• Biahi
    Biahi

Great news! And yes, it is a big middle finger to the borg that these babies won’t be raised in a cult, I have 2 grandchildren not being raised in the cult, they are wonderful and so much fun. And to think my parents said the end was “so close” I wouldn’t make it into kindergarten before the end came. Ha! FU WT!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Congratulations Nic! Wonderful news, so pleased for you, I can feel your joy from your words.

• contramundum
    contramundum

I'm so pleased for you. Grandchildren are such a joy - make the most of spoiling your little granddaughter at birthdays and Christmas

CM

• steve2
    steve2

Hey - what awesome news, Nic! You and Mrs Nic are perfect grandparents - all the more so given how easily the outcome could have been very different.

• cofty
    cofty

Congratulations Nic!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

know, I know. It happens all the time but damn, it feels good. I'm not really able to share photos or names but she's healthy and beautiful and both I and Mrs Nic' absolutely fell in love with her.

Congratulations Nicolau ! Yes it happens all the time but not to YOU !

I have a 2 year old granddaughter and another baby girl will arrive next month. May you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. We all hear people gushing over their grandchildren but I had no idea it would be so much fun and I'd be one of them. Just wait until she calls you Grandpa (or Pa Pa) like mine does. It will be difficult not to spoil her. You'll have a greater appreciation of how much of a tragedy it is for many many former JW's who are being shunned and aren't allowed to see their grandkids.

Yes....life goes on after the JW's and one's life doesn't turn into a trainwreck without them.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Congrats!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit