this website is having an impact

by dothemath 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Valis
    Valis
    It's the "Faith without works is dead" philosophy that has taken the empathy and real love from the WT org.

IMO a more accurate staement would be their interpretation of it is the problem. All other forms of "works" are sperceded by the things you mentioned in your last paragraph.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Since my supervisor is a JW, JWs come up in conversation now and then while talking to coworkers. As it turns out several people (unbeknownst to the supervisor) have also had dealings with JWs... all of them bad experiences.

It's ironic... the JWs go around tearing apart families, persecuting people and having people shunned. Then they wonder why they are being "persecuted" and then say "You see the persecution?! That is proof we are gawd's people!"

What they don't realize is that people are gawking at them for their self-righteousness and cruelties.

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

>>>"I know I'm not supposed to be here either, but I don't regard you as ones to be shunned........the Bible only reserves that for ones who have rejected Jesus, not limited to ones who believe differently than the Watchtower." <<<

How can any man really know if some one has rejected Jesus if they can not read the heart? This is what I hate about the teachings of the the Dubs, is that take it upon them selfs to judge others in a manor they would not want done to them selfs.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome Dothemath,

I have just found your thread now. Although I am a Newbie like you here, I was disfellowshipped for "apostasy" nearly 18 years ago. Like you I didn't want to leave the organization, because all my friends (and several of them very dear) were there. Nonetheless I understood that it would happen.

When I realized my views of the organization and its teachings had changed, I resigned from my translator work in the French Bethel and resumed my "special pioneer" service in Paris, desperately hoping to concentrate on the kind of "basic teaching" you were speaking about. This I could you during four or five months, and it was really a great time: doing Bible studies which were really Bible studies (without the "help" of the Society's literature). I never preached against the organization's teaching (only letting people draw rather different conclusions from their own Bible reading). However, I eventually found myself before a judicial Committee requiring a "yes or no" answer to a prescribed series of questions (1914, the two hopes stuff and so forth). Ironically enough, the hearing which began by the remark "We heard you're talking a lot about Jesus" ended with disfellowshipping on the grounds of 2 John 9-11 (not remaining in Christ's teaching).

In view of that painful though great experience you reminded me, my friendly advice would be: enjoy your "last days" in the organization, make them as enlightening as possible to those who love, be careful enough to make them last as long as you are conscientiously able, but know that they will probably have an end and get emotionally prepared to it.

Take care,

Narkissos

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome - I too used to be an elder -- but too many things wrong -- so I reigned -- welcome

• willy_think
    willy_think

Hi and Welcome dothemath,

I'm afraid you are not like the Catholices at all. When you put away the bigotry you have been taught, you can start to learn what is catholice and what is just the same old venom spit from the WT.

good luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit