Unusual Events at Assemblies

by Gretchen956 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

I wish some of those things had happened at some of the assemblies I went to! I think my favorite one was in 95, I'd just turned 18 and there was a pub on site..... It was so hot that weekend, and there was a special announcement from the platform for people not to go onto the hill outside to sunbathe. I always thought that was funny because I only remember 2 people being up there, me and my friend! And one of my mams friends was complaining about the mini-skirt the sister in front of her wearing a short skirt and a revealing top. Her face was a picture when I introduced her the next week as the girl I was dating....

The last assembly was ok too. Al the people siting around me were very impressed at how much attention I was paying and the notes I took. Someone tried to compliment me for it, and their face dropped when I told them I couldn't talk to them because I was df'd. The same happened with a few sisters who came up and asked me about my bike.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    A different assembly but in the same building we had a bird loose that was flying in the rafters.

I had that happen once as well. It keeps you entertained, waiting for the bird to shit on someone.

There was one year on the last day of the long, drawn out, boring convention, and I was starting to nod off. Suddenly, I was awakened by all the lights shutting off. Unfortunately, the sound didn't. The speaker said "Well, we still have sound, so let's keep going. Someone handed him a flashlight so he could see his notes. Slowly, the lights came back on. I was pissed off that the sound didn't die.

On another unrelated issue, last summer I was at my usual bar, and they used to keep the side door open slightly for fresh air. In walks a cat like he owns the place. Me being the cat lover, I pick him up and walk around the bar with him. Everyone's petting him, and he's just loving the attention. The bartender told me to put the cat back outside, so I did. He comes back in the side door looking for more excitement. The bartender picks the cat up and throws him back outside and closes the side door. So the cat sits outside waiting to be let back in. Eventually, he wandered off.

• shotgun
    shotgun

At an international convention in Montreal I saw a boy fall about 30 ft and land on a pile of Garbage bags unhurt. It was Jehoovers direction they all said. At the time it seemed strange when they said that because it also meant if Jehovah knew where to put the pile of garbage bags he must have pushed him as well or at least that he knew he was going to fall and did not prevent it. Not to mention not helping the other kid that fell into one of the campfires and burned his hands or the sister who fell and broke her hip at the same assembly.

Freddy Brown shoes was at that assembly btw.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    In walks a cat like he owns the place.

Now there's a surprise! LOL

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I was at an outdoor-ish assembly in Ecuador when an iguana fell to the ground from the pavilion roof. Scared the hell out of everybody, but missed everybody as well.

CZAR

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I

Do you recognize anyone here. Ha ha

Love Orangefatcat..

• Mulan
    Mulan

At the Tacoma Dome many years ago, some really "rough" guys came in and walked around the circuit of the floor all around the stage area. They were VERY dirty and all dressed in black, long hair, kind of scary looking to me. Dave told me they immediately sent security to surround them, so they couldn't make a move. I did notice men in front of them and behind, with walkie talkies. Eventually they walked on out.

Another time, the speaker was in the middle of his talk when the local NBC news crews walked right in, and went up to the stage, filming right in the speaker's face. They were there for about 20 minutes. We heard later the speaker adapted his talk more for the public in case it would make the news. They went into the audience at the break and interviewed lots of the dubs, young and old, very near to us. On the evening news it was about 2 minutes, and only silent shots of the speaker. They played much of the interviews with children and teens though. We thought it was excellent at the time.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I remember one year while I was doing cleaning dutings at a district convention I had the pleasure of cleaning the diaper changing rooms. Anyway I loaded a big plastic garbage bag up with a shitload of dirty diapers and the bag broke in the middle of the corridor spilling about a million feces filled plastic fecal matter diapers. I was so nervous and I remember a little boy laughed and his mother told him to stop!

Anything to get out of sitting for eight long boring hours!

• morty
    morty

OMG...never heard of it, nor seen anything so like that.....

I would have paid money to see that.....I would pay money and go to a assembley for the whole day to endever a laugh such as that....Flasher

I could just see all of their faces..Fainting...I could just hear the praying after that as well...Prayer...............lmao....Purple Smiles

morty

• morty
    morty

The only real excitment I remember is the assembley of 80 or 81...It was in Toronto...at a race track, Woodbine Raceway I believe....How ironic is that, an assembly meeting at a gambeling facility ....Anyways, I remember people being stung by bees alot that day...The most funnest one was of course was the dub giving his talk and stung on his ass....My god it was too funny...He was jumping around like he was struck by lightning...He left the platform running, and the talk was on hold while security was out there killing bees with their watchtowers....Their big anoucement at lunch was for people not to have pop or any sweets near the plateform...they did not want any more incedents of having jehobahs name on hold.....gawd it was funny.....Bee

I already just told this story,on another thread but ,I remember this like it was yesterday.....My little brother ,at that time was 5 or so, brought our kitten to the kingdumb hall...He had it in the family brief case and mom and dad did not know about it till the song was about to start and they opened the bag to see this kitten in it....Needless to say, dad had to walk all the way from the front of the hall to the back door with everyone looking at him with this kitten in his hand....Cat 2...he had to drive all the way home with the kitten as well, so he was not happy when he got back....

morty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit