"You Wouldn't Believe How Many Have Crawled Back To The Meetings"

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• A Believer
    A Believer

No you shouldn't believe minimus. He hates the religion so of course he would make the interaction sound bad. I doubt this encounter even happened.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

A believer. Like we doubt that we can use our own bible right?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

Of course, this elder could be exaggerating, but I would guess that those supposedly "crawling back" were either born-in or raised-in.

I wonder, though, if they will ever feel accepted by the Witnesses.

I feel badly for them and suppose it is because they knew nothing else (plus no college) and cannot get accustomed to the "world". This is how tragic and crippling the Witness religion is.

As a young adult from a Roman Catholic background, when I walked away from the JW religion I at least had my memories of life before the Witnesses!! My flesh-and-blood family are people who never rejected me, so it was easy to fit right back in. I will never forget this. I also was working all my life. So, I had constant "association" with the world. This kept me grounded in reality. Most non-Witnesses are decent for the most part. Even though some are not, I would never trade the whole lot to be around the phony Jehovah's Witnesses and their judgmentalism. I don't ever want this around me again.

Did I go crawling back to the Kingdom Hall after the 9/11 attacks like 99% of the rest?? Hell No.

I just recently had a conversation with a JW and we were discussing retirement and benefits, etc. and how you "get" what you put in. I explained how screwed I would have been if I had quit my full-time job on the urging of the Witnesses! ..Thankfully, I ignored them and am retired now!

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Such loving words from a man who has genuine love for mankind. Gee, I can see why he's an elder. Worth his weight in gold. Such compassion....so touching. Minimus may well be exaggerating, I don't know, but I have heard similar words from someone who was an MS but who is now an elder...

• Alive!
    Alive!

'A believer'

When I read Minimus account of this conversation, I didn't flinch when I read the quoted phrase 'crawling back' .

I know a few elders who I can imagine using such wording - with their own style of humour. I've heard worse amongst elders when talking about the flock and individuals - so really 'crawling back' wasn't so out of the ordinary to my ears.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When it comes to JW elders arrogant, disrespectful, corrupt and ignorant are just some of the descriptive words which come to mind.

Well they are Jah's middle management enforcers after all.

• schnell
    schnell

There's a believer, getting its time in.

• sir82
    sir82

Its better to not believe everything someone says on the internet.

That's true.

I once saw someone on the internet claim that "there is more evidence that Christ was enthroned as king of God's Kingdom than there is for gravity and electricity".

• Londo111
    Londo111

It could be that the ramping up of shunning, even on the inactive, might be having an effect of a few.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    A Believer: No you shouldn't believe minimus.

Let's see. On one side we have minimus who's been here for over fifteen years and has a post count in the tens of thousands.

On the other side we have . . . . . . you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit