How was it possible that some members fall asleep or nod off during meetings?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton

There is great benefit derived from sleeping in meetings. you stay fit mentally, but for males, citing precedent, it is also an assurance of a resurrection.

For ladies, the Dorcas type, it is needlework, so sleep at the meetings and dont needle your rivals by your comments.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

I'm sure I heard somewhere that brainwashing works better when the subject is drowsy.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Worst time to stay awake was Sunday afternoons in the Summer. The combination of a male voice going on and on , and heat was enough to have me "pushing out the zzzz" in 10 or 15 minutes.....

Latterly I found that taking a larger than suggested dose of high strength caffeine tablets would usually get me through...

It is a common thing though . At conventions one would see lots of sleepyheads. Funny thing is that the experienced ones could still follow the direction to look up scriptures ,correctly, while fast asleep! I have never understood that.

😴

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    It is a common thing though . At conventions one would see lots of sleepyheads.

Nothing like being in an outdoor stadium in the middle of July, sitting through a 1.5-hour lunch, and trying to keep your eyes open, listening to monotone and boring talks you listened to hundreds of times before.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

One guy who really made me laugh, I can't remember if the Post was on here or elsewhere, but he said he fell asleep at an outdoor Convention, and people told him afterwards they could see a Rainbow from his dribble.

ROFLMAO !!

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

Shaming people for experiencing normal bodily responses to the inevitable exhaustion resulting from the extreme level of dedication required to be in the good graces of the organization. How very un-cult-like of them.

There is no shame in nodding off during a talk when you haven't had the chance to get proper rest. There is shame in demanding that people do the impossible. You can't will yourself into not being tired. That's absurd.

• caves
    caves

I too wonder how it is not possible to fall asleep during meetings.

Funny thing is that the experienced ones could still follow the direction to look up scriptures ,correctly, while fast asleep! I have never understood that.

I was one of those. LOL.

Phizzy-LMAO

Or when during the announcements the speaking Bro would ask the Treasurer about something to make a point in his update to the congregation and the Treasurer was asleep. While everyone stared and giggled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit