How was it possible that some members fall asleep or nod off during meetings?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

A while back, we had a Saturday wedding reception for a brother and sister from our Kingdom Hall. The reception ended at midnight. Most of us got home at around 1:00 a.m. Our Sunday public talk meeting started at 9:30 a.m.

The Elder giving the talk notices many members nodding off, or some are even sleeping. He tells our congregation,'' I know we all got home late last night but it makes me sad to see many of you nodding off during this talk.''

How many times did you look around the Kingdom Hall on an early Sunday morning and see fellow members nodding off or actually sleeping? How can adults be so tired after a night's rest?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Mental stimulation. Some voices are a drone too. Not just sunday morning. Evenings, afternoon. Try a glass of wine before meeting

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, the meetings are so boring that your brain starts to turn off and the auditorium is usually stuffy, so it’s easy to nod off??

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Booze, late night and boring talks which you've heard before makes for nodding off.

Seen that a hundred times .

You don't even have to go a late night party to see that ..

• Ding
    Ding

They've heard the same message so many times...

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i nodded off sat in a chair on the stage during the watchtower study meeting. i was the reader. but this was on a very warm sunday afternoon.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

My uncle was chairman during a circuit assembly public talk in the days when he sat on the platform all the way through, an hours length back then. During the whole hour his chin dropped to his chest as he swayed on his chair. The whole audience, maybe 800-1000 people were riveted to this drama. How many were listening?

Now I have a permanent bruise in my side that just fits my wife's elbow as I snooze..

The one good thing about the virus where we are, all meetings... cancelled.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All you have to do to wake up a JWS audience is speak loudly the following .....

" And on the great day of Armageddon Jehovah will throw fire balls down upon the earth's inhabitants killing those who didn't worship him and sanctify his name "

That usually gets people to perk up .

Not saying I didn't do that .

• Pete Zahut
  • Ding
    Ding

I feel sorry for the children that have to sit through that.

No choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit