Restructuring Bethel

by LaFrancia 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    the construction of a new branch will not go ahead

Does this mean that they will still reside at Via della Bufalotta s or are they in the process of selling the bethel and have the work transferred to Seltzer?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    The Italian bethel was "allocated" ...to what, to where?

Halfbanana, I was wondering what this meant too maybe LaFrancia means rescinded.

• talesin
    talesin

Please keep in mind that English is not everyone's first language. Online translators don't work for idiomatic expressions. I figured allocated meant exactly that ,,, changed, etc.

Thanks for the update from Italy, LaFrancia. The WTS is shutting down a lot of its operations, and it seems to be affecting all western countries.

I had a talk with my JW relative who is secretly in touch. S/he said that in the last year or so, there have been more changes in the b'Org than there have been in 25 years. Agreed!

Is the Tower crumbling? Indeed.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is very much like "1984." Winston Smith rewrites past newspaper articles, so that the historical record always supports the party line. Then Winston is expected to believe the same new story even though he was part of changing the past truth into a present lie.

Here, members have already been forced to give up their congregation money for the sake of building projects. They are told all at once that they have given generously and the money isn't keeping up with the expansion and that building projects (expansion) will not take place in many instances, and that only areas where there is more donation money will get Kingdom Halls. So right there, almost literally in one breath, they are told... "There is a money problem, but there is no money problem, there is no expansion but there is expansion, and no matter what else you take from this- send more money and everything is fine....and forget that we already took all your previous money."

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Good assessment OTWO, and nice literary allusion!
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You know how some Fire or Police Departments give the "special" guy in town a hat and a badge? That's an accurate description of Temporary Special Pioneers.

DD

• freddo
    freddo

@DATA-DOG

That is funny!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The world wide preaching work will no longer be paid for by the Borg.
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Data-Dog, that is insulting. i never got a shiny hat.

Or a badge.

I was cheated.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Grazie La Francia, allora questa e una buona notizia anche.

And may the tower fall very soon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit