"Imitate Jehovah" CA Actually Didn't Have That Theme At All

by JW_Rogue 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Just got back from "Imitate Jehovah" CA and noticed that the theme was never really used at all. All the talks were about family, preaching and getting along with others in the hall. They didn't once go over an account of how Jehovah acted in the past and how we should imitate that action. It's like they thought of what they wanted to remind people about and came up with a theme later.
  • Syme
    Syme

What the assembly program should be like, if jw's were serious about about doing what the theme says.

"Imitate Jehovah" - How? (literally)

-Kill 70,000 people in random because a friend of yours ordered a wrong census

-Kill all the innocent firstborns of a whole nation, because their leader messed with you

-Stone (or burn) anyone who breaks a little bit of your Law.

-Kill all homosexuals.

-Wipe off the face of the earth seven (7) nations, including women, children and poor cattle, because they dare to live for centuries in the land you want to conquer

-Slaughter some dozens of children using wild BEARS, because they said "go on, bald" to a *bald* friend of yours

-Demand the ritual slaughter of countless animals as a sacrifice, from every family in a whole nation, every day, for a period of a thousand years (imagine the number).

The list could go on, but then it would have to be a 30-day assembly.

• dothemath
    dothemath

At our assembly the bethel guy talked about all the bethel layoffs, and joked that at least "he had a return ticket".

He also went on the typical "watch out for apostates" rant, but (ironically I thought) he warned against following individuals and used the example of Jim Jones.

He even mentioned about drinking the poison kool-aid! I think everyone here knows most witnesses would drink anything the governing body told them to.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

dothemath: I think everyone here knows most witnesses would drink anything the governing body told them to.

And why not? They're already swallowing down tons of proverbial bullshit!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Wow! Dothemath..... He sounds like he might know TTATT.?!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great post Syme!!!!

Spot on indeed!

• Old Major
    Old Major

"Imitate Jehovah"..

So you want us to be more like God?

"yes, you got it!"

But, didn't eve get damned for wanting that very thing?

"Imitate Jehovah, Imitate Jehovah, Imitate Jehovah!....Sorry, you were saying what about satan?"

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    Excuse me, but I think the title was "Imitate Christ". This has been a loose theme this year. It's not imitate jehovah. Did you truly attend?
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Yup, as what umbertoecho said... and by the way, it's a RC, not a CA
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey guys, the RC or (regional 3 day convention) was called "imitate Jesus"

The CA or (Circuit Assembly 1 or 2 day) was called "Imitate Jehovah"

The OP is correct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit