Awake ! Jan 8, 2004 cover "Understanding Mood Disorder" WTS change ?

by jwsons 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlanB
    AlanB
    What, though, if a person?s mental distress and confusion persist despite the skillful help of spiritual shepherds?

The WHAT !!!!!!!!!!

I had a skillful window cleaner attempt to 'help' me when I was having problems, it was all study from WT pubs & selected scriptures, find joy in service etc. In the end I felt he could do nothing with me.

The depression was in fact caused by my unconscious knowledge that I no longer believed yet I had not addmitted it to myself yet. I am sure many of us know the feeling of being SO afraid to confront your thinking as we know where it will lead us. I used to wake up in the middle of the night scared. Used to look in the mirror and not know who I was.

That was so long ago now, seems like a different life.

A

• heathen
    heathen

I know that they do think depression is caused by satanic influence . The only time they seem to think someone is mentally ill is if they claim to be anointed and eat and drink at the memorial . There are so many reasons for depression and such that could be caused by chemical imballance that only with blood tests can that be determined .They really are not qualified to diagnose these things . I don't have a problem with praying for people as the bible does suggest this but to claim all one has to do is work harder in the ministry or pray more sounds like a total lack of understanding for medical science .

• uriah
    uriah

Oh come on!!!

What have any of you got to be depressed about - you have THE KINGDOM.

When you become a JW ALL and I mean ALL of your problems just melt away as the joyful hope of the kingdom fills your hearts.

I ask you all, WHERE IS YOUR KINGDOM SMILE - EH!!!!

Have a nuttalls minto, not only does it stick your jaws together and keeps you quiet during the meetings, but the sweet

mintyness reminds you of the kingdom. Talking of which, I was reading (why - don't ask - I felt like it ok) 'The kingdom is at hand (c1950+/-)

It was talking about John the baptist and his diet. Wild Honey and locusts. It said, and I try to remember as book not in front of me,

'...what could be more delicous than locust wrapped in honey, that taste like prawns (then say how they are banned to jews)...and John was no weaking and could lift heavy objects...'

The mind boggles, there is John on the banks of the river Jordan saying '...I'm not very bright but I can lift heavy things'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit