"Bethelites told they weren’t doing enough, hadn’t reached their potential so about half of them walked out of the talk"

by oppostate 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lieu
    Lieu

Hmmm, may require some verification but it doesn't sound too far off base.

A post from last year which includes:

1. Tv, video equipment being sent to Fla. where we now know a segment of Brooklyn Bethel is being relocated. Which department is that again?

2. Wayward Bethelites. .... OBEY!!!! OBEY!!! OBEY & LOYALTY!

3. Don't know about sick people but I do know the US military is busy setting something up in the DR. Guy should be able to find decent care or simply pop over to PR.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I'm 100% with OUTLAW

• oppostate
    oppostate

it seems the original source of these news was Johnny the Bethelite!

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

But it's true. Johnny the Bethelite called me from a Bethel storage closet to let me know. He had to hang up quickly because he had Rick Fearon on the other line, so I couldn't get more details. But I'm sure Rick Fearon will enlighten us all soon.

• fulano
    fulano

Lieu, please read the other comments before writing. And what is the us doing in the DR, ...?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I know things are slow here and KH's are closing but they are not going anywhere anytime soon.... It is just an aging forest and the forest is thinning. New recruits are few and far between and born in's aren't sticking around...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The "not doing enough" is 100% accurate. I don't need that confirmed, because that is the life of a Dub.

We had a "pep talk" for the brothers at my KH some years ago. There were a few sentences about how fine it is to "reach out", followed by 30 minutes of "you're not doing enough."

The Eldubs were just following the example of HQ. No abusive/passive agressive person/group, ever says, "You are doing great! You are enough, just the way you are!", there's alway a negative disguised as constructive criticism.

I am thoroughly convinced that the tightening of the screws is to reduce the cult to a smaller, yet more compliant core of sheeple. The faithful few, who don't say, " F*** Off! " to the ORG, will be easily managed with the slick, new online feeding/donation program. The WTBTS won't need 8 million sheep, just half that number or less, to continue to be profitable for the fat cats at the top.

DD

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

And since when has a JW ever done enough? Whether it is contributing time, money etc.. Guilt has always been their dominating technique...

• fulano
    fulano

They will need everybody in the Western countries, or do you think the countries that grow donate enough? No, Brooklyn has to send many millions a year to African and South-american countries.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It doesn't cost millions a year to build crude Kingdumb Halls in Africa. It does help the WTBTS to inflate/exaggerate expenses/projects, and then pocket the excess $$$!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit