Let's talk about Don Adams.

by Ray Frankz 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

It's interesting that the person of the president of WTBTS has figured lesser and lesser since F. Franz era. I was born in the Religion in the 90's and I got to know about Russel, Rutherford, Knorr and Franz; but I never knew until a couple of years ago that M. Henschel was the President in that time. The same happens with Don Adams now, the first WT president from the 'other sheep'. We don't hear nothing about him.

Some may argue that nowadays all the power lays on the hands of the GB, so the President is only a decorative legal figure. Well, theoretically yes. But as most of us who read R. Franz books know, even with the empowerment of the GB, the opinions of the current President (Knorr, Franz) were always what unbalanced the votings.

It's true that this time the president isn't member of the GB, so, he supposedly isn't in the meetings. I actually don't think this isn't something hard to overcome. Hallways talks with some member who is close to him could put him inside the room even tohugh not physically.

What made me think that was something quite simple.

Have you noticed that all references of articles in the meetings recently are from publications of Don Adams era?

They only put publications from 2000 on in their online library. They are rarely making reference to wt from 90's even less from previous decades. (only exception is when they put excerpts from Russel's articles to make them look like he would agree with the current doctrines of the org; and from Rutherford's articles to make them look less agressive and political.) But they almost stopped puting references in order to the witinesses search further. So I wondered, since this pruning is saving only the Don Adam's era's material, could it be possible that the org is actually still ruled by one big boss, and the GB are more like 'stage assistants' while the show is happening backstage?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Whenever the board of directors meet, Don Adams insists on the cone of silence. And while Fred Franz talked to his shoes purportedly, Don Adams likes talking into his shoe. If he flubs something, he has to report to the Governing Body and say, "Sorry about that, Chief!"

BTW...Don Adams stepped down not that long ago. There's a new President of the Pennsylvania corporation.

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz
    If he flubs something, he has to report to the Governing Body and say, "Sorry about that, Chief!"

The dog shaking the tail

• Hecce
    Hecce

Has Robert Ciranko replaced Don Adams as president of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania ?

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4817654963503104/has-robert-ciranko-replaced-don-adams-president-watch-tower-bible-tract-society-pennsylvania

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the power lies with the legal dept and probably the service dept to some degree, the GB are mere puppets, could any billion $ corporation leave decision making to utter buffoons like Lett and Morris?

• dogon
    dogon

You mean get smart? Missed it by that much

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I know I'm being a bit dumb but I never knew there was a President? Why do they have a President?

• Londo111
    Londo111

The generation alive in 1914 will see Armageddon. Would you believe it?

I find that hard to believe.

Eh, would you believe that the generation is simply the characteristics of the wicked since 1914?

No!

How about a generation that is two overlapping groups?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Phoebe: Why do they have a President?

Because the Watch Tower Society has always been a corporation.

Corporate laws require a corporate structure from registered corporate entities.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Don Adams insists on the cone of silence.
    Don Adams likes talking into his shoe. If he flubs something, he has to report to the Governing Body and say, "Sorry about that, Chief!".....Londo111

Image result for get smart don adams cone of silence.Image result for get smart don adams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit