Those scary apostates outside conventions with banners and megaphones...

by dolphman 75 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• amac
    amac
    Not neccesarily. She might come from a family that got out of the Borg, be receiving a comprehensive education, be familiar with a variety of belief systems, and be quite capable of saying why JW's and other high control groups differ from most main stream religions, and that they need to be made aware of this.

Poor argument...this sounds just like many JW kids. It would still equal indoctrination.

• AlanB
    AlanB
    I wonder how much it would cost to hire an advertising hoarding at a place where they hold the assemblies.......

I've often thought that myself, strategically placed. Web site addresses, nothing that would scare the witnesses with anything to overtly apostate.

Perhaps an advert for Ray's book, Insiders View of Brooklyn by ex GB member.

That would appeal to the curiosity of many as I always wondered what happenned in Brooklyn.

Interesting to see how the convention overseers would react.

• AlanB
    AlanB

We would always get hammered about how none of us children would want to grow up angry and spiteful like those apostates would we?? I know I didn't want to grow up like anyone I knew but I sure didn't want to be an apostate.

Now I-R-1

Stacy, Yea !!! they were the epitome of all that was evil, in the employ of Satan himself. As children there was a morbid fascination with them. How could they having known the truth turn their backs on it and spread malicious lies. We used to look at them and woonder if they had ever been instructed personally by Satan. Scary stuff.

When I was a newly baptized teenager and full of the zeal I thought I should have, I got talking to a man in the street outside, I did not realise he was an Apostate and thought I was incidental witnessing. After a few minutes two burly attendants came flying over and almost route marched me back into the assembly compound. There was little explaination other than he was an apostate and they treated me with a distinct lack of love and I felt so small. One local brother in our cong got to hear about it, he belonged to a clique of youngsters that I did not belong to because I did not sport the same rediculous hairstyle they all conformed to. There was a WT study on apostates (possibly an aftermath of the early 80's stuff) and he made a point of making a comment in the study about not talking to apostates outside assemblies that I knew was directed at me.

Another time we went witnessing from the convention near Twickenham, a householder agreed to take the magazines and said in return would you take this, and offered me a panphlet entitled 'Give this to the JW when he calls at your door' I explained that I could not take it and the householder made the point that in that case she could not accept my literature..... Have to say fair point.

A

• AlanB
    AlanB
    I was 8, & it was a 5 day assembly. I got busted BIGTIME for chucking grapes, etc. from my fruit bag at them from the upper deck.

LOL..... that is so funny !!!!

• AlanB
    AlanB

Mouthy..... Well I say RESPECT.

• AlanB
    AlanB
    It has been reported to us by assembly attendees that announcements have been made at the assemblies about the "presence of homosexual apostates",

San fran Jim..... Gay Apostates..... thats like even more evil that your box standard apostate !!!

The evil vampire biker chick gay apostate slave class.... LOL

• Valis
    Valis

I say good for all of them!..I think its a bit different now than maybe for those so waiting for the end of things to come that when they broke free it hit with a lot more force than say some who now leave and just sigh and say yeah whatever..what a load of crap that was! Maybe it was the urgency instilled in them and maybe much more willingness then to protest than now. Also, maybe many of them had nothing left to lose. Just a couple extra thoughts.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I remember them in the mid-80s. I was so indoctrinated at the time I laughed them off and thought they were crazy and silly. --Leolaia

• mouthy
    mouthy

I laughed them off and thought they were crazy and silly. --Leolaia

And Now Leolaia???? What am I now?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit