Matthew 24:34 NEW UNDERSTANDING (January 2018 JW Broadcasting)

by Alfred 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

This thread is miscategorized. It should have been posted under jokes and humor. --Not under beliefs and and Practices.

• waton
    waton

some of the wt beliefs are obviously jokes. who would have thought that two types like Franz and his latter day twin would take us to a 2075 Armageddon date? seriously, that is funny! and also stated wt doctrine, prophecy!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    some of the wt beliefs are obviously jokes

Then some of the category "Beliefs and Practices" of JW should be a sub-category of "Jokes and Humor." It is not.

• waton
    waton

Fisherman, sometimes it is hard to decide whether to cry or laugh. Is there any significance to the classification, as long people read, have fun, rejuvenate their synapses?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Is there any significance to the classification, as long people read, have fun, rejuvenate their synapses?

I don't think it is funny to start a topic fooling everyone into believe that it is a serious topic and it turns out to be a big joke. Suppose people started doing that all over the Forum?

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Love the last 2! The problem with the first one is that its so real, none of us would have been surprised. The overlapping generation teaching is SO stupid its beyond parody.

• waton
    waton
    Suppose people started doing that all over the Forum? Fm:

For one thing, people would be not bored, but paying attention, Even GB members take stabs at that. Feel sorry for David Splane though, never seen or heard him seriously attempting, or succeeding to use humour as a teaching tool. At least on this topic he is given a chance, whether he likes it or not.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    The overlapping generation teaching is SO stupid its beyond parody.

It is still a valid definition, nonetheless.

• waton
    waton
    It is still a valid definition, nonetheless. Fisherman.

If you consider all the assertions of David Splane in the original chart presentation valid, prepare yourself for possibly celebrating the centennial of 1975 in 2075 in this old system. In just one overlap of anointed gheezers.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Fisherman, how is their overlapping generation definition a valid one? In what context outside the WT world would I be a part of my grandfather's generation? Actually, I knew my great grandfather! I was 12 when he died and he was 102. So by the WT definition, we were part of the same generation.

Most JWs that I've spoke with simply shake their heads and are waiting for it to change because it defines the accepted definition of the word. While I realize that words change definitions over time, it's preposterous to suggest that the WT would be the catalyst of such a change. They are clearly changing the word to try to cover over their failed end times predictions. That's the only logical reason for redefining such a simple word.

Webster's defines generation as:

Definition of generation

: a body of living beings constituting a single step in the line of descent from an ancestor
    b : a group of individuals born and living contemporaneously
    • the younger generation
    : a group of individuals having contemporaneously a status (such as that of students in a school) which each one holds only for a limited period
    d : a type or class of objects usually developed from an earlier type
    • first of the … new generation of powerful supersonic fighters
    • —Kenneth Koyen
    2a : the action or process of producing offspring : procreation
    b : the process of coming or bringing into being
    • generation of income
    c : origination by a generating process : production; especially : formation of a geometric figure by motion of another
    : the average span of time between the birth of parents and that of their offspring

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit