Message from an elder

by paradisebeauty 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I looked up "how is Jesus our mediator" on Gotquestions.org and in part they said that Jesus was the mediator "between God and people." I liked that point, between God and people, not between God and just the anointed.

Then it said, "The new covenant mediated or presented through Jesus offers this forgiveness of sins and presents us as just and right before God—something no person could ever earn through works. It is a gift of God by grace through faith in Jesus Christ".

How simple and plain they put it. I never did like the point the borg would make that Jesus was never our mediator. It never made sense to me. But in a few paragraphs through gotquestions.org it does. Go figure.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I don't think the average jw even realizes the chronology of their religion.

Essentially the new testament was just written for the magical 144000 which was later revised only people in the borg at 1919 and no later than 1935.

Then in 2013 the entire body of spiritual annoited christians was replaced by the fds.

I really how many dubs realize this? The entire religion is based on the idea you can't have a relationship with God.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    paradisebeauty: Without Jesus as a mediator there is no christian faith and NO SALVATION for those who do not have Jesus as a mediator.

Other than scale, how is that any less judgemental than the pronouncements of the Watchtower? Your worldview and the WT's both predict my rotting corpse.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ nicolau

I am a Christian, this is what Jesus said and this is what I believe. Being a Christian means you become conscious that you need salvation and you admit that you can get it only through Christ.

If you are not a christian, I suppose you do not believe you need any salvation, so there is no judgement for you in my words.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

You may have avoided putting your judgementalism into so many words paradisebeauty but it is there. As someone who outrightly rejects Jesus you stated, in capitals no less, that there is no salvation for me.

Take ownership of your irrational, judgemental and frankly offensive beliefs.

• cappytan
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

If only it were as simple as Aurelius makes it appear Cappy.

If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Or perhaps you will be gone having screwed up the lives of your children and prolonging the reign of ignorance over humanity. Perhaps you'll have fostered religiously motivated homophobia and sexism, forced a marriage, denied medical treatment or shunned aged parents . . .

A "noble life"? I don't think so.

• Ding
    Ding
    For some reason, I keep being surprised whenever "apostates" know WT teachings better than current elders do, but it's not that uncommon...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit