Message from an elder

by paradisebeauty 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

So the elder didn't actually say why he wanted you to watch it.

I hate when people do stuff like that. It's bad enough he treats you like a child telling you what to do, but it's really dumb when he can't/won't even say why.

Next month text him: You really need to watch the December jw.tv broadcast!

If he asks why, respond, "Watch it, you'll know!"

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ Rattigan, again

The fact that Jesus is the mediator between God and man is the basis and fundamental idea of Christianity. Without Jesus as a mediator there is no christian faith and NO SALVATION for those who do not have Jesus as a mediator.

Why do the watchtower change this? Who do they think is the mediator for all the other jw's, is it the gov body or the 144000? Or do they think the other jw's don't need a mediator? This even sounds insane, but this is their true doctrine.

It's strange how maybe only about 3% of the jw's know this doctrine. It is a very important doctrine but also a somehow hidden doctrine. Whenever the gov body mentions it in a publication they hide it in complicated phrases, as they would be afraid if they would say it straight forward people would get scared or be shocked, and see that something is wrong with it.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ Ding

Out of 4 elders I talked to about this, 2 said they did not know that was the official doctrine, and 2 knew it.

From the 2 who knew the doctrine, one said that in 1 timothy 2:5 it's written: Jesus is mediator between God and us, - by us, meaning the anointed ones, since the letter to Timothy was written by Paul.

These people not only do not know the doctrine of their religion, but they also remember Bible verses not the way they are written, but in such a way that they would fit their doctrine ...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

ParadiseBeauty, it was quite an epiphany when I realized that it's not really about doctrine. It's about control and obedience.

For the WTBTS, the Bible is merely a prop.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

@paradisebeauty, I agree with you.

From the 2 who knew the doctrine, one said that in 1 timothy 2:5 it's written: Jesus is mediator between God and us, - by us, meaning the anointed ones, since the letter to Timothy was written by Paul.

This is ultimately the only way JWs can defend their belief in anointed / non-anointed... by saying parts of the Bible were written only for the anointed. Nearly every doctrine unique to JWs is affected by this and this is their scapegoat. I like to say, "if that's the case, then ONLY the anointed should preach, and ONLY the anointed should go to meetings. After all, Jesus commissioned his 11 apostles to preach, not all of his disciples and Hebrews was written specifically to the Jewish (Hebrew) Christians, who, according to the organization, were all anointed in the first century." No one likes hearing that, but it does uncover their deceitful logic on the subject.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Elder: Please watch the November program on jw broadcasting.

Me: Please watch Pastor Gas on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtW5upD5oW4

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Elder: Please watch the November program on jw broadcasting.

Me: I already did, that's why I no longer need to come to the KH. I can get it all on my iPad!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

So.....Let me get this straight.

When Revelation chapter 7 speaks about a great crowd who have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb....they can't have Jesus as a Mediator?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

When Revelation chapter 7 speaks about a great crowd who have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb....they can't have Jesus as a Mediator?

Good question.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Elder: may Jehovah open your mind and heart..

WBT$ Jehovah couldn`t Open a Can of Beans..

...........HOW DO THEY DO THAT?!

..Image result for Angry god....Image result for Open can of beans

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit