I Am Still Here! Another Birthday look back at one helluva lifetime

by TerryWalstrom 24 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Terry ...

On a side note, did you ever get the catalytic converter on the Honda resolved?

Rub a Dub

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Just saw this thread so Happy Birthday. Born in 1954 and raised in central IL I was 8 years old before we got a dial phone. Before that it was a oak box with a crank on the side hanging on the wall. Turn the crank real fast to get the operator. Then we had a dial phone which was on a party line. Our ring was 2 shorts and 1 long. Most of what you brought out I lived through. I love my 8 track player. Take care. Still Totally ADD

• oppostate
    oppostate

Happy birthday, Terry!

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Terry ...

On a side note, did you ever get the catalytic converter on the Honda resolved?

Rub a Dub
    _____

I paid for the catalytic converter to be replaced and within a month I had the same warning light. I threatened Pep Boys with the Attorney General of Texas but they didn't mind that one bit.

I couldn't get my car inspected so I parked it on the street and got a ticket (move it or have it towed). (complaints from neighbors). So, I sold it and switched over to BICYCLE ONLY and it's been that way going on --what?--4 years I guess.
    Yep, bicycle only

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

You guys are more interesting than I am--I keep overlooking that many of you are from all points of the compass and the environs and customs and stresses elsewhere can be quite daunting.
    _____

I remember my telephone number from the 1950s. Wayside 7880. Within ten years another number was added: Wayside 77880. Finally, the prefix "word" went from Wayside to Walnut for what reason I do not know.
    ______

I'm not so certain I "survived" 4 marriages/divorces in any meaningful sense.
    Once you've had such a close partnership, going it on your own for the last 13 years has been isolating.
    My baseline temperament is good-natured, so I don't feel sorry for myself and seldom get "down'. But you can't help thinking back to earlier times and we all know what quicksand that becomes.
    ______
    If I had it all to do over again, I might not make the same mistakes but I'm pretty sure there would be an equal number of different ones.
    If that amounts to "wisdom", so be it :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit