Is WT Teachig on Hell Biblical?

by Sea Breeze 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Oops @Fisherman, I think Vanderhoven meant it as a question that has an obvious answer...God will not keep people alive to torture them forever. It's never come up into His heart. 🙂

The answer to that question "when will God grant immortality to the wicked" is Never. You are right, Fisherman - life is a blessing not a curse. 🙂

The "fire" illustrations that Jesus gave in the gospels and the related plagues of Revelation are illustrative of the time during the "appointed times of the nations" aka the three and a half years of the great tribulation when the nations attack religious institutions and the Pharisee-types are removed from their prestigious positions and the false religious doctrines are destroyed. That time period has a beginning and it has an end.

"Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen." Since it's only 3 1/2 years, we will see the beginning and the end of that time period. Jesus was telling us so that we wouldn't freak out when the tribulation begins. Jesus and the angels will help us get through that 3 1/2 years, just like they helped the Israelites get through the wilderness time.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

More for Rattigan350☺️...

The WTBT$ teaches that the preaching work will be over when the great tribulation begins, but they have that backwards too. They've been preaching that Jesus has been king since 1914, but they haven't been telling the truth. He wasn't king then. Once the great tribulation begins, we'll know he was made king in heaven. Then it will be time to preach that he's been made king.

"However, when they hand you over, do not become anxious about how or what you are to speak, for what you are to speak will be given you in that hour; for the ones speaking are not just you, but it is the spirit of your Father that speaks by you."

"However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent out?"

"Jesus said to them again: “May you have peace. Just as the Father has sent me, I also am sending you.” After saying this he blew on them and said to them: “Receive holy spirit.""

"But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a, and to the most distant part of the earth.”

When you see the attack of the nations break out on all the religious institutions, you will know that Jesus has been enthroned in heaven and he is furiously "riding the white horse" to clear Jehovah's name of reproach. Love will motivate you to announce in that hour that Jesus has become King in heaven, to rule for a little while amidst his enemies here on earth. That will be the time to maintain loyalty to the Kingdom by showing love for people and God, to obey God as ruler rather than men when those men ask us to do things that are not in harmony with God's will. It will then be time to comfort the people, to let them know the tribulation will last 3 1/2 years (while the nations attempt to make a go of world rulership without hypocritical religious institutions) but that Jesus will come at the end of that time and set all things right, since humans aren't meant to rule one another and just make a big mess out of it.

"In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Ju·deʹa, saying: “Repent, for the Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.” This, in fact, is the one spoken of through Isaiah the prophet in these words: “A voice of one calling out in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of Jehovah! Make his roads straight.’”"

The 3 1/2 years will be like "hell" for religious institutions in that they will be removed. But lowly ones will be alright. We'll do our best to comfort others during that time. We don't have to be afraid, because we're not alone. "I will be with you all the days," said Jesus, and "I am not alone, for the Father is with me."

(It is quite likely that forums discussing religion like this will no longer be permitted by the nations during that time of tribulation.)

• Gman2001
    Gman2001

Its very easy to disregard the reality of hell this side of the grave....dont ignore all the scriptures that say how awful hell is. Once you die, you will not be able to come back and warn your loved ones.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Yeah, because "hell" or "heller" in the Bible is "the grave" and refers to the condition of being dead. "There is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going." (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

So people in "hell" or "Hades" or "the grave" are just asleep, and they can't warn anybody about anything.

The illustrations in Revelation and the gospels about the recycle bin and the trash dump are figurative.

If I dispose of something in the recycle bin, I can perhaps get it back.

If I dispose of something in the incinerator at the trash dump, not so much.

When Jesus disposes of the hypocritical religious institutions, those who are clergy/leaders in those institutions will weep and gnash their teeth because the means of their prominence/financial gain will be gone. It'll be "like hell" for them, in the "extremely difficult experience" sense of the word.

• aqwsed12345
  • EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

aqwsed12345...that picture on that link is horrid and demonic. Christ Jesus would never ever ever ever do anything like that because Jesus does everything like his Father would, and his Father is the God of Love.

Why is there a prologue letter from Pope Pius IX who died in 1878 if the publication was produced in 1905? What was the Bishop trying to prove? He mentioned scriptures out of context and misapplied them, and then used Greek philosophies of Plato and Socrates to try to back up his dark fairy-tale story.

Here's a clue when searching for truth - never trust any human claiming to come in Jesus' name who wants you to call them "Honorable" or "Reverend" or "Father". Jesus clearly said not to take on titles like that. If the person writing their sixty-one page thesis on hell can't even understand Jesus' clear direction on that matter, then they certainly aren't qualified to teach anything else about God or Christ or the Bible.

Matthew 23:1-10

"Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses

...All the works they do, they do to be seen by men, for they broaden the scripture-containing cases that they wear as safeguards and lengthen the fringes of their garments. They like the most prominent place at evening meals and the front seats in the synagogues and the greetings in the marketplaces and to be called Rabbi by men.

...But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers. Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit