Serena Williams

by TweetieBird 13 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Do you think Serena will get df'd now that she has a bun in the oven? Or was she ever baptized, in that case she would just be marked, right?

• snowbird
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Evidently she was never baptized.

Here is a good sampling of what JWs think about this:

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/30710-serena-williams-and-fianc%C3%A9-expecting-first-child/#comment-466766

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Was she ever baptized?

edit: I see

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

So what ! So now she is knocked-up ...! Let her be.....live her life and enjoy being a Mama - lest we start to resemble vultures waiting for the kill so we can pounce on our favorite past-time here .................

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They have never acknowledged her or her sister as Witnesses, she just claims the faith , sometimes. It is a tad embarrassing for them but dubs will disclaim her if asked.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wish her, her baby and her partner all the best. Maybe now she will leave the JW Cult in the past.

I do hope she is not inveigled in to taking the baby anywhere near JW wackos.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its funny how people will hold up celebrities as one of their own until they do something outwardly not within designated morals of virtue which the JWS are suppose to have.

We all know that JWS dont have sex outside of marriage ...... wink wink

Fortunately Jah is heavily into tennis and he helped those girls throughout their tennis career.

• blondie
    blondie

Never baptized (spread the word) was an unbaptized publisher briefly years ago. Attended the West Palm Beach congregation with her baptized jw mother Oracene. I'm sure she no longer is an unbaptized publisher.

Before 1988, unbaptized publishers or "approved associates" were treated as df'd when found guilty of df'ing offenses. Changed in 1988.

There is nothing stopping some jws from shunning unbaptized people who never got baptized, I've seen it and read it on JWN.

• Mikh
    Mikh

Shes one of my favourite players. I wish her well and hope she comes back to play again. I always wondered how devoted of a JW she was considering she seems to have, rightly, prioritized her career.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit