Serena Williams

by TweetieBird 13 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

FYI

Serena Williams on Pregnancy, Power, and Coming Back to Center Court

Vogue, August 15, 2017

“He’s extremely smart but not a know-it-all. He’s curious about what he doesn’t know. Being a Jehovah’s Witness is important to me, but I’ve never really practiced it and have been wanting to get into it. Alexis didn’t grow up going to any church, but he’s really receptive and even takes the lead. He puts my needs first.”

READ MORE: http://www.vogue.com/article/serena-williams-pregnancy-vogue-september-issue-2017
  • steve2
    steve2

Being a Jehovah’s Witness is important to me, but I’ve never really practiced it and have been wanting to get into it.

Of course you do, my dear. But important things keep getting in the way. So annoying, right? Take your time, Serena - there really is no rush. It's not like the ball's in your court.

• Chook
    Chook

I bet Serena wouldn't allow a tell all interview about her church and the view of premarital sex. Imagine a reporter asking is she allowing her children to have a Jw baptism and religious education. We need a snapshot of big Tony with his arm around Serena that would be a classic.

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think we're going to get any Scientology-equivalent footage of Serena - the kind of thing where Tom Cruise is saluting David Miscarriage (I know it's really Miscavige, but I like my version better)

The WTS doesn't rely on celebrities in quite the same way so doesn't do anywhere close to the same level of celebrity worship, at least not directly or visibly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit