I read the news today, oh boy...

by Nathan Natas 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Armageddon is by definition, an event of metaphysical and supernatural origin, being the "war of the the great day of God Almighty" led by the (invisible) King Jesus and fought by (invisible) angels.

"Fire from the sky" doesn't count if the "fire" (lava) first comes up out of the ground and then falls back to earth.

Get your money's worth -- insist on REAL metaphysical and supernatural events from your fraudulent spiritual leaders!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

When Mt St. Helens blew there were ashes coming down on our home and we live 1000 miles away. I can't imagine a bigger explosion. I've seen the photos and videos of the aftermath of that volcano and we visited the site last year. It has recovered but where did the roof on that volcano go? Oh that's right, 1000 miles away.

I hope the earth doesn't fart when I'm up there.

• gumby
    gumby
    The explosion will be in fulfillment of no scripture from the bible, and will not indicate anythng about the nearness of a metaphysical "Armagedon,"

I've always though you were an apostate Nathan......and now I know for sure!

Peter said in his second letter, that there would be people like you.....making light of the nearness of the times at hand. Jesus himself said there would be signs in the sun and moon and stars. Just because he didn't mention underground volcanoes, and thermal energy.....doesn't mean he didn't mean that. Jesus would have mentioned those things but he knew we wouldn't know what he meant cuz science hadn't figured all that out yet. I hope you don't make people not believe the end is close Nathan.......becauseJehovah and Jesus will kill you.

Gumby

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Gumby,

You wish, dude.

Yes, >I< am the arch-apostate, the anti-X, "one louder" than any other apostate (who go only to "10," while I go to "11").

I'm sure there are many many other things that jesus didn't say that you think he meant.

Jesus didn't predict the stock market crash, but he meant it.

Jesus didn't predict the winner of the 2004 Superbowl, but he meant it.

Jesus didn't predict that you would be delayed on your way into work by a malfunctioning trafic light, but he meant it.

Jesus didn't predict the battle between Superman and Captain America, but he meant it.

Your Jesus means whatever you want him to mean. Pretty tricky, your Jesus.

PS - He's not coming. Don't wait up with milk & cookies.

- your friendly neighborhood ultimate apostate

• Seven
    Seven

Interesting post Nathan-thanks. I've been following this off and on and from what I've read this will be the loudest explosion ever heard by man and will kill everything within 1000 kilometers. Let the nuclear-winter games begin.Feeling Blue Scary for sure but as Sentinel commented...I'd be outta there!

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Morgan said while the dome may explode, it might just as easily collapse or simply do nothing.

In the Discovery Channel they called it a "supervolcano" capable of mass extintion.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    When Mt St. Helens blew there were ashes coming down on our home and we live 1000 miles away.

Same here! I remember feeling amazed and also a little scared to see ash from Mount Saint Helens falling in Los Angeles

• luna
    luna

I read an article in some random news magazine, and it was while i was in a hospital lobby, so bear w/ me if I don't remember all the details...

Anyhow, this has happened before....somewhere in Africa...There was an explosion, they think, under the lake that all these tribes of people lived around, and it released poisonous gases that killed almost everybody that had a hut around the lake. Only a few people survived.

So....I think i'll be avoiding that trip to Yellowstone....

• nilfun
    nilfun

Well according to the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory, that wouldn't happen in this case:

Is there any possibility of a toxic gas emission from Lake Yellowstone as occurred in Africa some years ago?

No. What occurred in Cameroon (Lake Nyos in 1986) resulted from CO 2 buildup in the bottom waters of a tropical lake. In warm climates, lakes easily become stratified. In cold climates, however, the waters of lakes "turn over" once or twice per year. Cold water from melting ice sinks to the bottom of the lake. This creates a well-mixed lake with minimal potential for gas buildup. In addition, the CO 2 at Lake Nyos was cold and not associated with thermal water. Waters and gases from the hot vents beneath Lake Yellowstone will tend to rise through the lake due to their low density.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes, Luna, in august of 1986 a release of carbon dioxide from Lake Nyos, in northwestern Cameroon, killed about1,700 people.

I don't know exactly what the mechanism of the gas release at Lake Nyos involved, but there have already been incidents of "gas release" in the soil in some areas of yellowstone.

What happens is that when calcium carbonate is heated, carbon dioxide gas is released. Now carbon dioxide is not a "poison gas" in the same way that cyanide is. The carbon dioxide is heavier than air and suffocates people, animals and plant roots by pushing oxygen out of the way. There are areas of forest within Yellowstone that are standing dead trees because the level of carbon dioxide in the soil pushed out the oxygen that the roots need. The story about the ground temperature in some areas around yellowstone reaching 200 degrees - almost hot enough to boil water - indicate that the temperature in the underlying rock is much higher, and when that rock has a lot of limestone or chalk in it - both being natural forms of calcium carbonate - it bodes ill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit