Flat Earth Jw and Galileo Galilei

by Earthmeasured 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Earthmeasured, please live with dignity. Are you really so desperate for attention that you'll embarrass yourself with stupid posts like that to get it? Come on man, show some respect to yourself and to us.

• waton
    waton
    I have coins in my pocket of various denominations they all have one/ two things in common ,they all have a circle and they are all flat ,not a sphere among them s3

and you have the balls to post that? how deep, far reaching are your pockets?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I don`t know whether to laugh or cry about that waton i have tears in my eyes thinking about it .

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Your being disfellowshiped for disagreeing with science?

Well, thats an unexpected turn by the GB

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Awww, I was hoping for a more entertaining thread. Come back earthmeasured. Give us your wisdom.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Now they are disfellowshipping me because I believe the Earth is flat. Is this coherent?

Yes because they realize your a nutter in need of some mental health care, they dont want nutters distributing their literature to the public.

It brings reproach upon God's earthly organization.

• stillin
    stillin

We know that the Earth is not flat. If it were flat, cats would have pushed everything off by now.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@stillin: This is obviously true. Lol

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS tends to follow the current beliefs if they agree with the WTS beliefs regarding science. Example, the WTS used to say that a creative day was 7,000 years saying they were not creationists because they say it was 24 hours. Looking at the reasoning it is not so hard to understand why they have backed off using "thousands of years."

Also, around 1900 a man called Vail taught that the earth was surrounded by rings of water that God used to make a global flood. No mention of that in WT pubs from 1950 onward but Creation book by Rutherford p 29.

The Watchtower endorsed Vail's ideas for decades, Rutherford
    even wrote that "It seems to have been the plan of Jehovah
    God to begin the increase of light upon his great work for
    the benefitof man about the year 1874 A.D. It was in that year th Isaac N. Vail first published a pamphlet entitled 'The EarthAnnular System'." (page 29, Creation 1927) Rutherford then devotes
    about 6 or 7 pages to Vail's Annular theory, even including a
    diagram of the earth and it's annular system.

http://ia601406.us.archive.org/23/items/WatchtowerLibrary/books/1927_cre_E.pdf

I believe that Vail's ideas even appear in the Watchtower book,
    "Paradise" book published in 1959, although Vail is not mentioned
    by name in the book.

The Vailian theory was never considered by mainstream science, as
    it violated basic laws of orbital mechanics. It appears that
    any such cloud canopy containing enough vapor required by the Flood would result in an earth temperature too high to support life.
    (Temperate climate indeed!)

After teaching the Vail like ideas about 100 years, all the WT
    now says is that "it is best not to speculate." But the WT still
    uses cultural Flood myths as an "anthropological" proof for the
    Great Flood.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/21334/canopy-around-earth-before-flood

• anybody

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit