Flat Earth Jw and Galileo Galilei

by Earthmeasured 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Earthmeasured
    Earthmeasured

In the image you can see what jw wrote about how Galileo was treated by the catholic Church. Now they are disfelloshipping me because I believe the Earth is flat. Is this coherent?

• sir82
    sir82

Now they are disfelloshipping me because I believe the Earth is flat.

Oh I've got to hear this. Do go on.

• Earthmeasured
    Earthmeasured

I received a letter from the bethel. They admonish me to leave this kind of research and think only to preach. If not i will be disfellowshipped

• sir82
    sir82

So you wrote a letter to Bethel, explaining your conclusion that the earth is flat?

Huh.

What response were you expecting?

• Earthmeasured
    Earthmeasured

Since I explained that the globe is linked to sun worship I expected a sort of analisys of the problem. But the GB is not interested

• cofty
    cofty

JWs believe some of the most stupid ideas ever invented but even they have their limits.

You are too gullible even to be a JW.

• Earthmeasured
    Earthmeasured

Cofty, i think you even are not able to make the correct Coriolis calculation for an airplan moving in the west est direction

• sir82
    sir82

So your argument is that, since globes were once used in sun worship, the earth must be flat.

Huh.

Compelling.

• Earthmeasured
    Earthmeasured

The earth is flat because the Bible say so

• cofty
    cofty

It does indeed say the earth is flat. Yet another example of why it is silly to organise your life around the ramblings of Iron Age goat herders.

Join us in the 21st century.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit