Idiotic Comment

by FedUpJW 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I was just enjoying a You Tube video clip of George Carlin explaining euphemisms. One of the ones he commented about is how people try to soften the fact someone is dead by saying, "They passed away." Noo...they DIED!

As I thought about that in light of both my parents dying in the last year and a half I thought about an idiotic comment that seems to be the fall back verbal diarrhea of the JDubs recently. No, "I am sorry for you loss." No remembrances of the dead person. Just the stupid, "They are in the SAFEST PLACE OF ALL. Jehovah's memory." So why would they want to undergo life saving surgery or treatment. Just die and get it over with. And I thought IF that is such a perfect place why the hell not have all over eight million of them commit mass suicide, say for instance all drinking a fatal sip of wine at the memorial. What better way to show their submission to the governing body and their elders even if those instructions did not seem practical from a human standpoint, and the added bonus that they would suddenly "wake up" petting a panda or lion is "paradise"?

Okay, done with my little "rant".

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Oh boy I really gaffed with that Fedup jw

My beloved old dog died. She was very sick and we had to take her to the vet to have her put down. I took my young kids to say good bye and told them "Billy is going to be put to sleep".

Two weeks later we were talking about where her ashes would go and one of my sons began to get hysterical....he didnt understand the euphemism "put to sleep" and thought it was literally the vet enabling her to go to sleep. He was devaststed "but mummy why didnt you tell me she was going to die?" he cried.

Lesson learned.😔:((

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

NB forgot to say he actually asked when she was coming home :((

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a very young relative before I woke up. I was still seeing everything from a JW perspective, and my young relative was actually being raised in the real world, and was actually being equipped with the skills needed to deal with real life. I was telling him about one of my pets, and he asked me what had happened to it. My stupid JW indoctrinated brain somehow thought that saying it died was far too much for his little mind to handle, so I just replied, "He went away."

A little while later we were talking about a relative that had died long before he was born, so I was trying to describe her personality to him. Again, he asked me about what happened to her, and I said, "She's not with us anymore." Finally he looked up at me and said, "You mean she's dead?"

"Yeah. That's what I mean," I replied. There I was, a grown man, tip-toeing around the subject of death like the brainwashed idiot that I was, while a little boy was more in touch with reality than I had ever been. Right then and there I decided that I'd be honest about death, no matter the age of the person that I'm talking to.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

One of the terms I was raised up with was when an animal's life ended (usually by my dad's 22) he would use the term "put down" meaning for their death. There for a while, I also used that term, but not anymore, and for this reason.

I have two sons, and when they were younger this was a term they also associated with the death of an animal. Then one day one of the cats jumped up on the table, and I told my youngest to put the cat down. He looked at me with the most horrified expression. No mom, I don't want the cat killed. It took me a moment to get what he was thinking, and I had to clarify, "Not put the cat down but put the cat down on the floor." lol

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Non witness comfort:

"They are in a better place".

"They have gone home".

"They are with the Lord".

"At least they aren't in pain any more".

Its the same shit as JW's only a different flavor. Not so unusual.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

How about he or she is with the Angels now.

Or your dog or cat is in pet heaven now.

Or the kids fav .aunt or uncle who they finally twigged has died years earlier and are then told the newly deceased is with Aunt peggy or Uncle frank now .

However quite honestly I can`t see anything wrong with that ,its just another way of expressing the reality of whats happened ?

I`m talking from the point of believers in general here, I would never say Heaven ,Hell or Angels .myself.

I`m more straight forward .

I would probably say : the bastard or bitch is dead ,live with it and get on with your life.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I guess it's easier for people to say "passed away" like they have gone away, instead of died. I say my grandma died.

Others miss their pets and say they have gone over the "rainbow bridge"

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

I would probably say : the bastard or bitch is dead ,live with it and get on with your life.

LOL!!!

I heard Matthew McConaughey use the term "moved on", as in, "So-and-so moved on last night at 9:34."

I guess we come up with all these terms to soften the blow, but in my opinion it's best to just face reality.

• jeffdavis
    jeffdavis

My pet peeve is when you are forced to go to a JW funeral its not anything about the person who died. Its This one thing, Brother or sister so and so had a belief in the bible. They believed that bla bla bla Society bla bla bla. and so on. Its a recruitment show.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit