Idiotic Comment

by FedUpJW 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A more important part of George Carlin's "Lecture" is the euphemisms used to sell us war and murder by our own Military, and he makes other great points too.

One thing we all have to use a euphemism for is the room we go to "ease nature" ( a NWT euphemism), there simply is no proper word for it ! The American "Bathroom" or "Restroom" are to my English ear a bit puerile and over the top in delicacy, but the old terms we used to use in the U.K, and many still do, lavatory, toilet etc etc are euphemisms too.

I thought it was a really funny line that I heard, I presume from a work of Fiction, where Lady Wotsits-Name says to her Maid, referring to a guest, " Oh Mabel, will you show Lady Sybil where the euphemism is ?"

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

One thing we all have to use a euphemism for is the room we go to "ease nature" ( a NWT euphemism), there simply is no proper word for it ! The American "Bathroom" or "Restroom"

Down under in OZ I think we are a bit more to the point as in the Thunder Box or more plainly just the Shit House or more refined people might have called it the Out-house .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit