Matt Layer of NBC terminated for inappropriate sexual behavior

by Still Totally ADD 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Here we go again another will known public figure being abusive towards women. As heart breaking it is I am glad it is coming out. It takes a brave person to bring these things out.

Could this be the catalyst that may expose the Wt. Cult to there abusive cover ups? With this in the news all the time recently what are those who have gone through this in the Borg thinking? Could it be a explosion of those coming forward? I know time will tell what happens but it will be interesting to see what happens.

What are your thoughts? Still Totally ADD

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I don't think the reaction people are hoping for is going to be the result:(

I think it could become normalized in peoples minds, or become a just "whatever".

Especially since the groper-in-chief got rewarded for his bad behavior.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I dont think these incidents will influance the thinking of any jw’s who have experianced abuse. This is happening in “the world”. Where i do think there is a potential for a snowball effect is when people inside the org, like candace conti come forward. Same snowball effect but when its from inside i think its perceived differently

• minimus
    minimus
    Lol....Matt Layer
  • never a jw
    never a jw

Matt Lauer.

Not a fan of this guy, but I just wonder if the quality (professional skills) of the people who will replace the Matt Lauers and Charlie Roses will be better or worse.

The irony! The groper who definitely can be replaced by someone better is immune to attacks or firing. Interesting times we live in!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Sorry neverjw, he cant be “replaced”. Its been almost two decades since clinton was president

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Since all morning today, this news of him being terminated had been told again and again in NBC, as if some real tragedy has happened. I think the termination was appropriate for the behavior, but why the repeated News about this ?

Sorry NBC, you are losing my respect.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Matt is so smug and a real primadonna, I am glad to see him go. I'm just sorry it took so long. I hope he is prosecuted.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Who is finding all of this stuff ? & all at the same time too....it's like a domino effect since Weinstein....who is behind all this?

I do not agree with sexual misconduct against anyone...but this has been going on for forever....nothing new under the sun...

Power can be sexy...and it seems these men in power use it for their own satisfaction...

But here's a thought to ponder, if these were about women who acted with sexual misconduct....would it be headlines?

Even pedophile...as long as there are young girls and young boys and adults have eyes...'nuf said...It's not right but it's been going on since the beginning...but just cause it could be done, doesn't mean it should be done...

Us humans are complicated...Sex is a drug...and as natural as breathing...but some need more air than others...

Maybe this will snowball & come rolling down the hill of the WT...seems nothing and nobody is safe from ...BIG BROTHER...

Tor

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Matt is so smug and a real primadonna, I am glad to see him go. I'm just sorry it took so long

My thoughts exactly, and with that being said and as I posted on NYTImes about this, I knew this was coming, especially after last week I think it was when a producer that worked with Matt got the ax and especially after they cut Charlie Rose, Matt has been the one I thought would be next. I know two people who have worked at NBC one that the Today show, I've been told things about the on air talent and celebrities, good and bad, so how can Savannah, his dear friend say she's totally shocked when I knew stuff about him and I've never been on the NBC payroll. I bet the guys behind the cameras and behind the scenes knew. I even got a response from someone on FB that he's in the industry and had heard a few things too. Nothing surprising about Matt at all, I'm sure he's been sweating bullets ever since these stories starting making headlines.

BTW, Matt's friend, the one who was in the chair before Matt, those two were partners in crime so to speak about ten or so years ago. Matt (and friend) could've been caught by these same allegations ten years ago

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit