Mouthy is not feeling well...

by invictus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes Sir!!!Yeru!!!! I must be obeying-it is a bit better today.At least I can sit down without crying my Dr said it is Siatica!!!!! Sorry e-man I cant spell it.
    Oh what an offer Gumby!!!! But thanks I will decline- I couldnt stand to see the Pain in YOUR face when you DID peek......
    Frannie !Thanks for the info- but I am allergic to Glucos....
    Brummie darling.... Thanks!! I have been thinking of you this week quite a bit. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one ((((HUG)))

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Frannie !Thanks for the info- but I am allergic to Glucos....

Awww shucks, Mouthy...I didn't know you were allergic to it....BUT...since you've made it more clear that it's your sciatic nerve that's pinched, I'll tell ya what my phys therapist showed me to alleviate that pain....he had me lay on my back and bring one of my knees up as far as I could...grab hold of my knee with the opposite hand (right knee, left hand and vice versa) and pull toward the side the hand is on as hard as I could to the slow count of ten, then do the other knee with the opposite hand....repeat 5 times to begin with....it will stretch the muscles in the lower back that cross over the sacro-iliac joints which are squeezed together by muscle spasms and pinch the sciatic (sacro-iliac) nerves.....this should bring you some immediate relief along with any muscle relaxers the doc can prescribe....but really....the exercise is better for ya....hope it helps, sweetie.

Frannie B

• mouthy
    mouthy

Frannie just reading what to do> sends me in spasm lol But I will try it. It is so painful to even lift my leg. But when I get into bed tonight I will give it a go- Thanks sweetie.....

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((((Grace))))))))

I am sorry for your pain. I am wincing just remembering when I had sciatica when I was pregnant with my daughter, Katie! Later, I had a herniated disc and back surgery, so I am familiar with your aches and pain.

Sitting is difficult, but Frannie's exercises when you are on your back, will help. Are you using a heating pad, too? Some suggest cold packs, but I always preferred moist heat.

When you are on your feet, don't walk barefoot or in stocking'd feet on vinyl or wood floors. Cushioned soles help a LOT. (I know Canadians have it ingrained to leave the shoes at the door, but then use a good pair of comfy shoes that you reserve for indoors.)

Hope the bed rest, exercises and TIME help you to feel better.

Love,

out

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Grace if you know anyone who does reflexology - a type of foot massage try it. It used to help my sciatica immensely

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit