I jumped out of a plane 15,000 feet!

by Sirona 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yes! I did it!! Some of you doubted me when I said I was going to do a skydive in Las Vegas....well I did it!

www.skydivelasvegas.com

I was scared s**tless. They tell you all the dangers beforehand and its something like 1:50,000 die and 1:1750 have a serious injury. I was the first to jump from the plane, it was freefall for nearly 1 minute then the last 5000 feet were fantastic by parachute - I could see the mountains and lake mead. It was tandem and my "teacher" kept shoving a little camera in my face and saying "smile for the camera!".....and I was just thinking "yeah right, I'm hurtling toward the earth at 120 miles per hour and you want me to smile??!!"

Now I can't even work out WHY I did it, but I'm glad I did. Now I wanna do it again....

Sirona

(ps that isn't me....I'm getting a video to prove it instead)

• shera
    shera

That is awsome!

I would love to do something like that,but I would be so scared myself !

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

OK 1 in 1750 get seriouly hurt.... what are the odds for crapping your pants????

You look happy, almost as happy as the guy strapped to your butt

You did great, congratulations.

• Enishi
    Enishi

Now I want to skydiving as well. :)

• Special K
    Special K

YEEEEE HAAAAAA !!!

Isn't there a song called "FreeFalling".. you can play while I read and watch this.

good for you.

sincerely

Special K

• morty
    morty

That would be so cool to do....glad you had fun doing it...I would love to try it, but my back permits anything like that.....

morty

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Too cool!! My wife recently decided that she wants to do a tandem jump. I think it'd be a blast!!

• franklin J
    franklin J

You are very courageous!

I always wanted to try this until I hit 30 years old, and suddenly realized my on mortality. There is no way I would attempt this at my current age (47). I admit I am chicken. Although middle age has brought me many fun and good experiences--jumping from an airplane is not one of them.

that photo is incredible and captures it all! Have fun jumping again, and please be careful!

Frank

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Sirona:

1) You're a crazy nutjob.

2) Well done, and congratulations on achieving your ambition!!

Expatbrit

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I always wanted to do this too. Never had the nerve to do it. Tandem is the only way for me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit