If only someone had kicked my a$$.. (This is post is not for theists)

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I think back on the 30+ years of bs as well as my fading almost a decade and even now being low key in person to hopefully save my nieces from the WT. I'm a wreck in some ways. I'm other days I'm stable however when it comes to theism I depart quickly and with anger!

I wish someone when I was younger either at the door or school or work had the guts to say. "YOUR WRONG!" "YOU ARE A FOOL".... ETC

The fact is not a single person did challenge my beliefs? Where were they?.. Being respectful? If that is the case I hate them!

If only I had been exposed years or decades earlier!

Edit_ If this post sounds angry it's rightfully so. This is the guilt and shame a person duped by theism for more them 30+ years feels. It's no joke to us. It's real betrayal. Any y first reaction is to my own kids however with my own kids worry not at all. By the next decade they will know everything I do. I worry for the thousands still in. The ones that like me needed the BOOT but some moron that wanted to help them was too 'nice'.

I have checked the laws of my county the US and other countries. Most do not protect religion from challenge or disrespect. In fact the Canadian Charter and the US Bill of Right separate religion (Usually Christianity) and State). As such I'm appalled and anger every day that in many places like the southern US or Islamic countries that religion is not held back by government from indoctrination of children.

See I freely support an adults to believe what they want in their own house .But the minute they start enforcing (And with JW this is done by sparking) then is ends NOW!

This is the 21st century when I have no doubt that memory upload, fusion reactors, European life with happen in this century BUT.....

Not if when bend over backward to religious people. And let me say many posters on here are religious much to my amazement. If only Someone had kicked my a$$ years ago. It will not happen again.

The gloves are off! I will no see another child fucked up by their parents that worship ancient deities.

Yes before I release my book I intend to 'make waves'

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005
    But the minute they start enforcing (And with JW this is done by sparking) then is ends NOW!

You did mean spanking) then it ends NOW?

Len

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

"The fact is not a single person did challenge my beliefs? Where were they?.. Being respectful? If that is the case I hate them!"

It's not other people's job to talk you out of your stupidity. Only you can fix stupid....and it sounds like you have, in some respects.

However you blaming other people for your/our parents and your own stupidity for buying into it.....is frankly stupid.

It's like you drinking poison and hoping someone else will die.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

duped by theism for more them 30+ years feels.

duped : a person who is easily deceived or fooled; gullible

I only have myself to blame for the 40 years I was a Witness. Finally decided that I was miserable being a Jehovah's Witnesses. I didn't leave sooner because of family. Hated every minute of the meetings and left only when I told myself to be true to myself. Losing family and friends was a better choice than suffering being a Jehovah's Witness. Surprisingly, they leave me alone and treat me as if I was still a member.

• jhine
    jhine

I am a theist , not a JW , and l have tried to talk to JWs . They DON'T listen , l get the cover my ears and sing la la la reaction . You know that anyone who is not a JW is viewed with suspicion .

Also not all faith groups are the same but you aren't listening to that are you ?

Sorry to be so blunt , it's not my usual style , but you said that you wished that someone had been blunt with you years ago . I don't think that it would have worked , would it ?

Jan

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Yeah, you wouldn't have listened. People challenge believers every day and yet there are still lots of believers. In fact, the harder someone comes at you when you have a persecution complex drilled into you, often the deeper it drives you into your beliefs. If only it was as simple as your post makes it we could wake up lots of people around lots of things but that's not how it works. You're ready to wake up when you're ready.

Also, I'd encourage you to talk to someone about your anger. It's not healthy to carry around what you're carrying.

• waton
    waton

htbwc: are you not extending your discomfort by trying to work out how the bible was written? after all those that were supposed to influence you too, had bible based beliefs, just different than wt's.

• jhine
    jhine

I agree with dubstepped you do need to get some help with your anger issues . Holding onto all that rage can't be good for you mentally or physically.

Jan

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

The point of this post was twofold. For those that say I need to talk to someone about anger the post was a strong vent . I don't have any ex-jws nearby (And with Covid would it make a difference?) also since my wife is a jw I don't exactly have freedom to speak openly about this issue often. And as stated I need to be somewhat below the radar to be a helping hand if ever the time comes.

The second point of the post was answered by a few posters:

dubstepped: That is possible that I would have had a persecution complex but as stated the 'if only..' does not mean being angry in person. There is a balance between showing a person that their beliefs are wrong but also not starting a persecution complex. I also beg to differ a little about waking up. It was reading the bible and comparing it to archeology and other texts that called into question my beliefs. It took over 30 years to do that. The point i'm making was that if someone had shown me the same material earlier I would have gotten out sooner. Yes obviously this post is angry and I wouldn't try to deconstruct someone's indoctrination by that method. However stand back and saying "I respect that." I find completely insane. lol

Waton: You have hit it spot on. That is exactly what I am attempting to do. While I doubt the issues I will bring up in the book will get someone out right away I have no doubt that it will plant major seeds of doubt which might just help them later. Also once they realize they have been lied to then I hope my book will help to deconstruct any lingering questions.

jhine: You didn't read the title! :P

Yes you are an adult and as such have the right to believe in god in whatever religion. However what of a child? See the point? I'm sure you are not in a strong cult such as JWs however the same type of innocent zeal you have to o to church on Sunday morning instead of watching tv is the same type of zeal that a Muslim man will use to make his wife wear clothes from head to toe or for a monk to beat themselves to suffer what Christ did etc. How would you like to be an Amish child that wakes up in their teens? Shunned by all they have ever known and unable to function in modern society?

And I appreciate your being blunt in your post thank you.

Bethelite: Who else can i blame? I was born without beliefs and instead of learning about the world in a healthy way me and billions of other people have been told by their parents or religious leaders that it's my way or the highway. I never saw any outside info to challenge my beliefs until later in life because even though workmates or schoolmates knew I was a witness they never had the guts to say: "Hey let me show you something." That's the underlining philosophy behind this post. That it's time to come out and do what we can even if it might be somewhat out of the so-called respectable norms.

FatFreak: I'm assuming your comment is a joke lol. However seriously the physical abuse in JW and other religions upon children is a sad state. While today it is vastly different then when I was growing up in the 80s and 90s when screams of children filled the Kingdom Hall it is still done by the odd JW or by many other groups under the famous Proverbs 23:13: Do not withhold discipline from the child; If you swat him with a reed-like rod [applied with godly wisdom], he will not die.(Amplified Version) I should point out that their are many faith groups that are horrible in this regard and one only needs to look up on the internet the words: Religion and child discipline to find this out.

As for the words: "Holding onto all that rage can't be good for you mentally or physically." I agree but perhaps it is anger that drives me to do something rather then nothing. I could sit back and watch millions of more people (mainly children) lose their freedom of thought or possibly their life from JWs or any group that places the delusions on them usually from childhood. (Very few JWs are recruited by carts or door to door nowadays)
    But I don't want to sit back. I am well aware that millions will end up indoctrinated anyway... but just maybe a few can be helped if I have a hand screeched out.
  • TD
    TD

I think what you're really wishing for here is a chance to speak to your younger self.

Nobody else could have pulled it off

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit