Serving where the need is nicer

by Xanthippe 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

So there isn't a congregation in my town, they come from the congregation about five miles away about twice a year to do fs.

This morning I was driving out of the town on the country roads and there were four JWs (obvious by men with briefcases and women in very long dresses). They seemed to be walking to the next place, a village about 15 minutes walk away.

Why not drive? They must have left the cars in my town! Then I thought okay there's one cottage down a very long lane on the way perhaps they're going there first. All four? Counting their time?

Anyway I drove on and there were some more JWs walking along the country lane past the village. No houses for miles! Weird.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

They are killing time. Most JW's hate field serve us. That's why you see them walking like snails from door to door. I told my husband one Saturday morning (in serve us), "slow down, quit driving so fast, we have 2 hours to kill!" The entire car group busted out laughing. lol

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

My wife has a very good friend who is a pioneer. So on Fridays they spend the entire day in serve us! Because "making your time" is the most important thing to a pioneer, my wife takes her pioneer friend into rural territory. Most Fridays are 6 hours of driving, 1 full tank of gas, and 5-8 minutes of actually witnessing! The 2 of them really enjoy their Friday outings together and then return home to a soothing bottle of wine! The best part is when I ask them how their day went and they both sort of laugh and say "good"!

just saying!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yeah I guess so ToesUp but walking off into the countryside where there's not a house for miles! Were they going to walk for an hour say nope no houses then walk back and count two hours?

• Half banana
    Half banana

They know it's a waste of time preaching so why not enjoy the countryside in the sunshine? After all it's the closest they will ever get to a real paradise!

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

My wife and I just finished service. It just so happens that at every one of our calls, there was a YARD SALE.

We picked up a few nice things today, some outside stuff, tools, supplies etc.

Oh and we did our 2hrs.

I forgot to wear a tie though, and I’m not sure if golf shorts are acceptable but that’s what I had on..... anyway.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yeah I agree Half banana they're trapped in a mind control religion that bleeds the joy from their lives, why not enjoy the countryside on a summer day. I don't blame them.

I suppose it's the double think that baffles me. Jehoover watches you so shun loved ones or even let them die from want of a blood transfusion or you won't get into the New system.

But their God doesn't care if they cheat on fs and lie when they report it.

As I've said before I think many don't believe in God they only believe in the GB who will punish them by kicking them out of the club.

• blondie
    blondie

In my area, it was known as the pioneer stroll.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

In our area it was the pioneer shuffle!

just saying!

• blondie
    blondie

That too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit