Greenland For Sale

by Poztate 25 Replies latest social current

• Poztate
    Poztate

The Donald has recently suggested that He would like to look into buying Greenland from Denmark in the same manner that Alaska was purchased from the Russians. I think the Danes would be smart to look into selling it as it is costing them money every year with very little returns for their investments so far.

The alternative might well be that Donald declares Greenland a national security threat and invades them so that the world remains safe for democracy

I would suggest to the Danes that as any other real estate transaction that they put it on the open market and see how much Russia or China are willing to offer

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Why should they sell? Not everything is for sale.

G.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Canada is the closest neighbour wouldn`t it suit their best interests ? isn`t Greenland rich in mineral deposits ?

And if so why would the danes want to sell anyway ?

President Trump is just putting out feelers for any future scenarios that might take place .We are open for business.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Shouldn't Greenlanders want independence?

Why is everyone seemingly ok with Danish imperialism?

• waton
    waton

The US bought Louisiana too. May be Trump can ask the Chinese to lend the US more money to pay for the purchase of not so green yet Greenland with the greenbacks?

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Why is everyone seemingly ok with Danish imperialism?

Ask your country that same question.

The United Kingdom

still has 14 territories under the jurisdiction and sovereignty of the United Kingdom.[1][2] They are remnants of the British Empire that have NOT been granted independence or have voted to remain British territories

Now they still have a vested interest in the following territories:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Overseas_Territories

English
    Demonym(s)British, Briton
    Territories

• tiki
    tiki

Hhhmmmm......poztate.....sardonically astute observations!

• Half banana
    Half banana

While in the zone of selling big lumps of useless space, perhaps the GB will throw in the towel and put the JW org on the market? It has a great subscriber base of 8.5 million compliant zombies.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Hhhmmmm......poztate.....sardonically astute observations!

Indeed that was my intent. The Danes will never willingly part with Greenland. Since Donald regards the purchase of Greenland to be nothing more than a real estate transaction then why not open up the purchase to the highest bidder. Maybe he can put in a joint bid with Putin.

I was only half kidding about an invasion after declaring Greenland a national security threat. LOL

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I suspect the buffoon-in-chief is not only helping to destroy our planet by denying climate change, but is actually going a step further by trying to profit from it, by trying to purchase a land mass that would eventually be devoid of the ice mass that is in the way of reaping its resources.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit