How JT got Shafted as a Bethelite- and OTHERS TOO!!!!!!!!1

by JT 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

H elp Us Keep Your Earnings Record Accurate

You, your employer and Social Security share responsibility for the accuracy of your earnings record. Since you began working, we recorded your reported earnings under your name and Social Security number. We have updated your record each time your employer (or you, if you're self-employed) reported your earnings.

Remember, it's your earnings, not the amount of taxes you paid or the number of credits you've earned, that determine your benefit amount. When we figure that amount, we base it on your average earnings over your lifetime. If our records are wrong, you may not receive all the benefits to which you are entitled.

. Review this chart carefully using your own records to make sure our information is correct and that we've recorded each year you worked. You're the only person who can look at the earnings chart and know whether it is complete and correct.

Your Earnings Recrds at a GIance

Your Taxed

Your Ta..xed

Years You

Social Security

Medicare

Worked

Earnings

Earnings

$

$

when your Statement was prepared. Your complete earnings for last year will be shown on next year's Statement. Note: If you worked for more than

one employer during any year, or if you had both earnings and self-employment income, we combined your earnings for the year.

...It is possible for a young person who has

worked and paid Social Security taxes in as

,. ." r

The other day I got my statement from the gov about my earnings as a tax payer-

now what is most interesting is during 1985 the wt took advantage of a program called VOW OF POVERTY

so from that year forward bethel didn't put aside any money for bethelites

as you can see before i left in 88 i had nothing sat aside and then my first year out of bethel look at ALL THE CASH I WAS MAKING

when LADY C AND i look back at the life we had it makes us cry , esp as i think of all the couples we left behind as friends

many of them are not making much more than what you see i made in 1988- and they still have nothing sat aside-

to day we doing well, back in college, built a beatiful home, and on track career wise- as well as runnning a local jw help group AND WE HAVE FUN TOO-

Lady "C" and myself were thinking about all the bethel couples we know esp those with 15-20 yrs of bethel time since 1985 who when they get thier statement will show ZERO DOLLARS SINCE 1985

it is truly a shame to think that if the wife or the man gets sick and bethel tells them they have to ROLL UP OUT OF THIS CAMP they will be given the SHAFT TO SAY THE LEAST

Ai was thinking about a post about CO being taken care of , yea they are hoooked up, but it is all CONDITIONAL-

for they have the same status as bethelites unless THEY THEMSELVES are taking the money that the jw give them and sock it away they have nothing,

in my esp most don't set aside anything due to JAH WILL PROVIDE, SINCE HE HAS PROVIDED FOR US ALL THESE YEARS

AND that mindset of Jah will Provide prevents so many CO and Bethelites from even thinking about setting aside anything

besides refocus your mind on the CO and Bethelites OVERSEAS in poor countries THEY ARE GETTING THE REAL SHAFT

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Not only is it sad, but pitiful! And to think they're committing Christian acts!

Guest 77

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It really is sickening isn't it?

• minimus
    minimus

Aren't the CO's and Bethelites LEGALLY responsible to inform the IRS of any "gifts"?

• sf
    sf

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Property you receive as a gift is generally not taxable upon receipt. However, if the property gifted to you generates income such as dividends or interest that income will be taxable. Also, gifts of less than $11,000 from one individual to another do not have to be reported to the IRS by either party.

"Note to self: get two dozen friends to each give me $9,999 cash gifts."

• minimus
    minimus

Nathan----even if one has taken a "vow of poverty"???

• JT
    JT

Nathan----even if one has taken a "vow of poverty"???

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@2

in fact when this new policy was put into place, we were told that if one did "G-Jobbing" - see definition_-and if it amounted to a certain amount- they would have to report it to the gov.

most COs don't have the opportunity to G-Job, but many bethelites do. WT could care less about what happens to anyone thier look at Ray Franz-

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@2

******What is G-JOBBING___

It is called Government work- it refers to GOV employees being lazy and just getting a check

well it has to do with bethelites being too lazy to go out and get a real job so we do side jobs to make money while at bethel

and you can make alot if you are in the right "Trade" electrician, plumber, tile setter, roofer, etc and it is all tax free

the Congo in NYC would pay you to work on their halls since most jw in NY are white collar and not tradesmen

we even did work for NONJW- using WT tools , supplies and Trucks and since it was always at COST it was cheap --can you imagine what it would cost to rent a FLATBED truck in NYC to hall Dry wall 2 blocks- smile

all you needed to do was to get the guys who worked in that dept to requisition it under their name- they didn't even need to be there , but they would get their cut- lot of Elders headed up these work teams

so we would use the buying power of the Society to get these supplies for halls and bro in there home many times

some guys were clearing $3,000 a month tax free- bethel has cracked down on it by requiring you to sign a VOW OF POVERTY which is a form from the IRS saying you will not do any side jobs-

also the waiters did lots of G-JOBBING if anyone has been to bethel for lunch they are always impressed with how over 6000, folks can be served in less than 20min- well this is were the waiters come in at

folk like to use the bethelites at thier weddings to serve their guest
    and if you are talking references just watch the mothers and fathers who have daugthers getting married in a few weeks come up to you afterward and ask you to do thier kids wedding

so the money rolls in beside everyone figures who BETTER TO HELP THAN THE LOWLY BETHELITES

smile

the BREAKER was some guys did a job and the person filed for it on his taxes --of course the IRS wants to know who do we get our money from

well I'd be Damn-- if it ain't some guys who is suppose to be living off $90.00 a month smile

so the society got involved and shut down most of the best money making jobs-

from what I understand you can still do it but you have to go through a lot of hoops

so many guys were missing meetings on the weekend and wiped out on Monday that flags started going up- we had this old nurse Called Sophie ----all my god she would worry you to death if you called in sick on a MONDAY were you out late Sunday night- what time did you get in, etc

old bag man

we had a plumbing job that was bidded out by a Congo in Queens with UNION NYC plumbers that was for $32,000, $36,000 and there was another bid price

so the elders asked the bethelites could we do it- it was a complete job from the street to the inside of the hall to toilets and sinks and tile job

well we could not ask for a set price but only tell the elders WHATEVER YOU BROTHERS WANTED TO GIVE US

well they presented it to the Congo and they came back with $25,000 offer and it would be just 5 of us and they would supply all the manual labor through the local bros.

we are talking $5,000 a piece - no taxes -in a weekend baby with a few follow up days to clean up any leftovers

one of the guys was a MASTER PLUMBER SO HE always got the permits we needed from the city- due to the large amount we got cold feet so we talked with Ralph Walls about it and he told us we needed to consider how would it look with that sum of cash in 2days of work- where in fact it would have been no work at all since we would have merely been overseeing the local guys doing all the digging of the trenches SMILE HEY YOU GOT TO LOVE IT MAN

so we turned it down- DAMN I SHOULD HAVE DONE IT

there is one guy and some of the bethelites on the net know this guy he ran the ROOFING DEPT as the overseer and was (REMOVED FROM THAT JOB FOR THIS REASON) and since all the roofs in NYC on the halls are flat--they are always leaking due to water standing on them

well he would take SOME OF his crew and knock out a roof over a weekend and man he was clocking over 3K amonth, not bad considering you don't have any expenses

but the most famous G -JOBBER OF ALL TIME WAS a bro from out of Texas if I'm correct- any bethelites here will correct me if I'm wrong on the state he is from

any way his name was James (JIM) Spencer he was the photography overseer and he had access to the society's $Million dollar cameras and film and processing equipment and he used to shoot WEDDINGS ON THE WEEKEND- hey like I said YOU GOT TO LOVE IT

NOW CK THIS OUT I had a buddy who was in on the deal-- he worked at the Stanley theater- that is the most expensive assembly hall in the wt arsenal of assembly hall probably

you all know it --the million dollar chandelier- anyway one of my boys was assigned as a keeper when they used bethelites---- now they have a pioneer couple over there --old Ricketts and he is a LITTLE HUSTLER as well

anyway Jim would arrange to use the assembly hall to take couples pictures

and I tell you-- to have your wife coming down the GRAND STAIRCASE IN HER GOWN hey man we are talking GONE WITH THE WIND TYPE STUFF

well my boy could have folks over to the assembly hall after hours as long as they were his guests

man he didn't even know some of the couples

so Spencer would kick him a little "SOMETHING -SOMETHING" SMILE

anyway old Spencer got caught not reimbursing the Society for the equipment and since he was the Overseer of the dept no one really questioned what he was working on late at night

hey it was not your latest mag cover shot- smile

so the "Shit hit the fan" and my man was BUSTED DOWN FROM PHOTO OVERSEER

to working the Bindery lines in the leather gold bible section

it was so embarrassing cause about a month after he got SHAFTED we had an Open tour of the factory were the office guys and the home guys could come over to the factory and see how the book and mags are made

and you guessed it ---my man James Spencer is right on the tour route and all the office guys are walking through laughing their a$$ off at him sitting there sweating with a tee shirt and blue jeans on.

his roommate was Robbie Vela from Hawaii the big island ---he worked upstairs in the bindery on the hardback line and he told us that Spencer would come home from work when he worked in photo dept and there would be TICKETS FOR him to fly to Japan or Rome or anywhere in the world just to take a couple of rolls of film and fly back

man we are talking about living the good life- he flew almost as much as the guys with UPI or AP wire guys

single man living the life and since he was the PO in his hall up in the Bronx he had the best of both worlds in the local hall and at the big house

from what I understand HE MADE A KILLING

well it is now bed time and no more bethel stories until later

smile

James

PS this is the last one it's too good to let pass

now i earned my money when i was at bethel others don't

as you all know by now the spokesman for the wt is a guy named JR Brown as a black man we use to call the the Society's Louis Farrakan

the most powerful speaker every to Grace a wt mike esp in the black community

well anyway he is ACES with larry Graham and larry is always hooking him up along with 1000's of his fans

anyway when he bought his new car alot of the Heavies and i don't mean to get racial,but some of the White boys were not happy

As they would say in the black Hood ""This Negro went out and bought a $45,000 car"

my man drives a top of the line fully loaded "Q45"
    now go figure how you and i can do that off $90.00 a month

YOU TO TO LOVE IT

• minimus
    minimus

James---I have 1 little request to you. PLEASE----PLEASE-----PLEASE post more stories.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Excellent stories JT...Geesh!

My wife's ex used to do roofing and dry wall sides jobs when he was a bethelite in the early 80's. His Bethel Job was in the laundry I think...but he had these other skills.

Did anyone from bethel in 1979-82 know Garry McCreary?

Nice guy...under different circumstances we'd be friends.

I've always thought that with my military retirement if I could find a Catholic version of Bethel I could live high on the hog...much less if they had a C/O D/O type position.

Catholic Priests don't get paid much...around $1200 a month is average here in the states...but there are times when some of them clean up. At Christmas in my old Parish in Tennessee I would give the pastor a $20...my men's group gave him $300.00...now...in a Parish of 2000 families...with that kind of thing being standard...I'm sure he raked in $20,000 for Christmas. Is it traditional to give P/O's and elders money gifts? How much did the envelope for the C/O usually contain?

Who else actually made money working at bethel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit