How JT got Shafted as a Bethelite- and OTHERS TOO!!!!!!!!1

by JT 19 Replies latest jw friends

• muleskinner
    muleskinner

Hi JT, I'm sorry about the years lost and the impact on your S.S. I guess you have to chalk it up to education. In my opinion, in the School of Life you have been awarded a Master's Degree and are qualified to teach a course called, "CULT'S UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL." You really could get rich if you were willing to travel and make a little show of it, going to churches and speaking, might get a little payback on some of those years. Wouldn't do any real Witnesses any good but it might make getting converts even harder after you passed through. I enjoyed your stories. Next time you feel like jawing a little, please tell more about your JW group. Do you try and engage any current Witnesses? Also does Junior/Farrakan live in his own place or in Society housing? Do they provide parking for the residents? Or is he in Patterson? I don't know much about the layout, never visited either one. Muleskinner

• benext
    benext

This makes me feel sad for some of the Bethelites I used to know. The day will come when they're kicked to the curb and have to rely on someone "back home" to give them a job mopping in an office building. As for the others I used to know that day can't come soon enough.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Never in the big house myself, but my brother washed a lot of windows in PA when he was there in the early 70's.

That is so stupid that they have to take a vow of poverty. What will they think of next to control them all???

Yeru, I have come to respect priests, how is that for a kicker? I was raised a witness, so for years had nothing but contempt.

I have come to realize that many catholics I know are people of great faith and patience.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

How JT Got SHAFTED at Bethel?

Glad to see this isnt a LITERAL thread

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Hey JT,

Love the stories man. I have friends at Bethel that have been there 10 years plus. That's a shame that they don't have any Social Security earnings. Wonder what they're going to do when they have to leave? It's not like they're having alot of children to take care of them. I actually think that my two friends are hiding at Bethel. They're afraid to leave, because they know that they have no real life skills to raise a family or hold a career. They're big men at Bethel, but just "cheese and cracker men" in the real world. Sad....

Tiffany

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I remember Ralph Walls! What a ass@#@# he was. Walked around like he owned 360 Furman St. when I was over there. And his boy Bruce Hutch the overseer of material handling department. JR Brown was a Circuit Overseer when I was a kid. Also knew Sam Friend, Curtis Johnson, and Sam Buck. And remember Luis Navarro who always fought with Sam Friend about the Family night program. What a stupid event that was! Corny jokes and stupid muppet shows and no pictures or tape recordings allowed, heaven forbid the "regular" publishers found out about that.

• JT
    JT
    James---I have 1 little request to you. PLEASE----PLEASE-----PLEASE post more stories

thanks- i really think it is so important that jw esp those who may not have had to chance to see the MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN

be allowed to see so- if nothing else it clearly shows that wt is really no different from any other Major corp in america

when you consider that the wt is listed among the top 40 corp in NYC - does that sound like Religious America or Corp America

smile

• JT
    JT
    Excellent stories JT...Geesh!

My wife's ex used to do roofing and dry wall sides jobs when he was a bethelite in the early 80's. His Bethel Job was in the laundry I think...but he had these other skills.

Did anyone from bethel in 1979-82 know Garry McCreary?

thanks, i didn't know him BUT I KNOW ONE OF the guys who was in his congo, used to work with me

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I was going over my SS benefit statement the other day, and boy, am I glad that I have been working. As it stands, I could retire and start collecting SS in about four years. I have no idea how that happened, but it did, but I intend to keep working and let the SS money go to the old folks who need it.

Plus, I am disabled, technically, under the Americans with Disablities Act, but since I don't need it, and can work part-time, I'm not going to collect and let the money go where it's needed.

But if I had gone to Bethel... man... maybe we should set up a charity for when the WT implodes to help those poor bethel bugs get back on their feet? College loans, business capital... something...

CZAR

• Sassy
    Sassy

I can't believe they can do that! More evidence that they look out for themselves and not the people. But really they are only slaves any way, so this would fit. Glad to hear JT that you and your wife have things going for you now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit