They have a point...

by James Mixon 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Last week in the Sunday meeting a sister made a comment and collapsed, a massive heart attack. One of the young brothers is a fireman and he gave her mouth mouth and according to the doctor this saved her life. So if she had missed the meeting that day she would have surly died because her husband is not in great health. So it shows how important are the meetings..

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I knew a JW mother and wife that was run over and killed outside a kingdom hall on memorial night. So it shows how important it is to never attend a memorial.

• silas hobbs
    silas hobbs

Really ??? tell that to the many true life experiences of those going to the KH only to be killed in some way. Or for example some years ago the cong. in Columbia that was destroyed with all who attended that nights meeting.

These were all covered in the mags in some way.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Maybe the stress of being at the hall caused the heart attack...

mind=blown

• humbled
    humbled

Perhaps not related:

I used to have a truck some years ago whose front wheels refused to turn down the road where the kingdom hall was located.

I had to DA.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    I can see you folks are not sold on the idea of not forsaking the assembling of ourselves..
  • Are you serious
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    I can see you folks are not sold on the idea of not forsaking the assembling of ourselves..

You can't draw sweeping conclusions based on isolated events. 'Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves' and the example of a woman having a heart attack at a KH are completely unrelated. Your conclusion that "So it shows how important are the meetings.." is without merit, it's false logic.

Did you not notice Jwfacts remarks about the woman killed after the memorial? He was making the point that isolated events don't prove anything.

• zeb
    zeb

and the fireman has to miss meetings to be on shift so where does that go.

What of the people who were killed in the Bahamas travelling in a bus to a convention.?

The wt will snatch up whatever it can to beat the faithful..

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Thanks folks, the sister is my daughter's mother-in law, so those were the words of my son-in law. I needed some ammunition to show indeed the event doesn't prove anything. My daughter told me her mother in law wasn't taking her blood pressure pills. I wouldn't be surprised if this make it on a assembly part. But I'am happy that she is OK......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit