Started to not attend the meetings

by mineralogist 23 Replies latest jw friends

• amen
    amen

I have not been to a meeting in my area for over 6 months. I had my card tranfer to a new congregation and the new congregation had not bother to contact me either. There are times i had met brother on the street the they would wave their hands at me, some i just cut short the conversation to a minimum and leave before they get into details.

However, some tried to avoid me at first by not looking and i made sure that they see me by calling their name but i could see that they do not want to see me they tried to shun me. Well it tells me that the elders did talk about me, they would say hello to me only because they remember i have done a lot for them that is the only gratitude they have for me.

I can not escape them everyday i meet at least one of them on the street. It is just a matter of times i can no longer hide my fading.

However, i have other friends in this world. Hey we had a good time. I have been invited to lots of dinner party so that i do not miss any party by the witnesses. I feel sad for those whom i appreciated in the organization but when you meet a witness the usually ask what congregation am I and it is tricky to answer them. If i tell them the congregation they would ask about a person of that congregation and i would have no clue about the person.

Amen

• blondie
    blondie

Congratulations our fellow faders. It has been one year since I attended a meeting and 7 months for my husband. We see a few here and there, very few and we just wave hi. No shepherding calls, due to our screening our phone calls.

Blondie & Irreverent

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

First comes the puzzled look? Then comes the phone call? Then comes the,"We Love You"."We Miss You"Then comes the puzzled look?Then comes the phone call?Then comes the "We Love You","We Miss You".Then comes the silence until the next CO.visit.Then it starts up again,when the CO.leaves,they slow down and eventually leave you to yourself.Oh,there will be the obligatory call for your field service time from your book-study overseer,and by the way we missyou.

Blueblades

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Interesting how they only miss you if you don't go to the KH and go door-to-door.

Are they not able to visit like normal friends? Or does everything have to revolve around the organization?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit