Yet another mo' money video!

by nowwhat? 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

(in the what's new section) Apparently Jehovah is still failing to provide the necessary funds so have to beg and petition men for support even though we said we'd never do that!

New angle, if you want to make friends with Jehovah and Jesus we need more of your unrighteous riches . Apparently Jehovah is in the protection racket now. Not only is kingdom interests vague on how the money is spent but notice the weasel word. " All available" funds!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

"Money is bad... give it all to us!"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Proof positive that God is not helping them if he/she/it can't 'bless(tm)' them with enough.

Conclusion. It's all a big scam!

• Listener
    Listener

I gather this was a morning worship for the Bethelites - who have made a vow of poverty. I wondered what he was doing lecturing them for more money.

These Bethelites and many are Elders go out to Congregations so I gather the talk is to indoctrinate them with the attitude that they must promote the idea of asking for the congregation members for their unrighteous riches.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Another sell out of halls on the way šŸ˜ Can't be fun, going too meetings, suspecting that maeby your hall be sold sooner or later. Yeah what a blessing šŸ‘Ž

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Here are some things that should be tracked to calculate statistics -

1. How many times a month does the Watchtower ask for money?
    2. How many (what percentage) or articles ask for money?
    3. How many videos (what percentage) ask for money?
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LISTENER:

Probably that is already happening!

I am sure the people in the congregations are already being hit up for money for every conceivable reason including for every Tom, Dick and Jane who never worked!

No doubt, the elders have their list of every ā€˜responsibleā€™ person and anybody who is employed. (Wouldnā€™t even matter if the working person is criticized for their job like I was.) ..They will then sneakily make their way over to corner these individuals privately with an envelope and a sob story to contribute, etc.. Probably the only people not approached are those who are definitely known to be ā€˜needyā€™ or with ā€˜serious issuesā€™. Everybody else is fair game.

I have been Out of the JW religion for over 21 years. I am also retired several years. Thankfully, I held onto that job they all hated me for.

If I were still in the religion, I could count on these hypocrites with their selective memory loss making their way over to me asking for money. This would not be tolerated. In fact, I would never go anywhere Iā€™d be a target for panhandlers!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

In our area the elders who know our family is inactive will come around and the first thing out of their mouths is to return to Geehovah. The second is, your life is doing good you need to give that to Geehovah. They and their dimwitted Organization discouraged education and preferred you to work hard labor while they benefited from your donations. Does not sit well with me. When your in need ask the Org for help, they'll laugh you out the door. They only benefit themselves.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOOLEDNOMORE:

It seems your well-off family will always be on the Witnessesā€™ radar and they will never stop calling on them.

I wouldnā€™t tolerate this and would tell them point blank that I will call the police and file a formal complaint if they persist.

The nerve of them to imagine that people they criticized for getting an education and careers are going to give them money! They are just shameful, in my opinion.

I would have a ruined life now (like many older JWs) if I followed bad advice and caved in to intimidation to quit a decent job years ago!. (These idiots thought I should take up housecleaning and do favors like some mindless moron for Users and affluent old ladies in the congregation.)

Words cannot describe that there is No forgiveness on my part. Iā€™m glad Iā€™m Out many years and donā€™t want to know these people.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

they don't beg for money...they just tell you to give in order to be God's friend. more like extortion! Emotional blackmail! and you can just sign up so a monthly donation goes in without you thinking about it...but you should think about it every so often so you can raise the levels if you make more money. There was a time I thought my donations went to a good use. I thought they went in and rebuilt homes of the friends after disasters ( then learned they wanted the insurance money!) Now so much is going for lawsuit with victims. It's good to be awake!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit