SCARY: My First Letter From Patterson!

by marriedtodamob 39 Replies latest jw friends

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Euph -

So true! It's that circular logic thing they've got going!

growedup

• writerpen
    writerpen

That they don't want to "clutter" their literature is so unscholarly. Every scholarly piece of work I've ever read is "cluttered" with resources - in fact they attach pages of resources to the ends of articles. That's what makes them credible. And the WTBTS has tried to claim that their literature can stand up against what comes out of universities. Oh God (yes, God with a big G) give me a break!

• marriedtodamob
    marriedtodamob

Amen Writer's pen! Well, it was my reinstating dubby hubby who wrote the letter, but when cornered said: "I don't even remember sending a letter..." Yeah, RIGHT...

Just wanted you all to see this little letter of mine...shall I frame it? Oh, I think I better do some research on just WHO wrote the damn thing

and be sure and give them the credit that they deserve...I am so pissed that they know who I am now-I feel the tentacles of the Borg just

reaching out to touch someone..run away mobbie! run very far away!

mobbie.

• bebu
    bebu

(((Married)))

If your husband wrote it, don't worry about yourself. However, if any elder or overseer or other ranking dub does want to talk to you about this for some reason, just act calm, sweet and unruffled. Let it slide right off your shoulders, and say, "Well, you know I've always just wondered... And I'm so glad that someone took the time to answer me! You know, somehow, I was thinking they'd be too busy to answer." Nod and smile. You might even throw in, "Well, I often want to look up the resources for their interesting articles, and learn more. They document all the Bible verses, but not always other things. It would just be helpful for me, I think... Don't you ever want to learn more about topics, yourselves?"

If you talk or act defensively or nervously, they'll be all over you, and more certain that somehow you are guilty...

bebu

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg
    Additionally, those who write for our journals are Christian ministers who volunteer their time for this and are not interested in receiving recognition for themselves, but are dedicated to bringing praise the Author of the Bible. Additionally, we do not feel that simply giving the names and scholastic achievements of those who prepare the information is what should make it acceptable to readers.

Read:

Most of our writers are kiss asses who barely graduated highschool. They couldn't even get a job as a hack reporter for "The Weekly World News". They have no journalistic credentials, so if anyone knew, we'd be exposed as the ignorant manipulative SOB's we are.

They are here telling us that it matters not about accreditation as journalists, but that if anyone questions the qualifications and impartiality of the articles, they aren't really of the faithfull anyway.

Ern

• blondie
    blondie
    Back in 1916, an early issue of the magazine you are now reading spoke of "the proper course for us to take in getting control of ourselves, our thoughts, our words and our conduct."

This is from this Sunday's WT study article. There is no mention of the month and date or page number or the title of the article in the WT. This is slack guys if you are reading this DB.

While in some cases the reference is cited in the paragraph or in the footnote, this is not done in every instance because of limited space. It has been our observation that the average reader of our journals does not require such citations. (Translation: The average JW is too stupid or the WTS has told them they don't need it and so the blindly obey. The WTS will tell you what to think.) For that reason, we do not clutter the magazines or our other publications with intensive footnotes of bibliographies.

I supposed it would be cluttering the WT to give citations of quotes from the WT.

• jwsons
    jwsons

The orginal scan can be "insterted picture" and saved to MS-Word "Save AS"-->"Webpage" then retrieve from the Folder (usually has the same name you did give to "Webpage" with ending as "..._files") .The scan picture now has the moderate size so you can post to someone who can host it On Their web or host free on yahoo., on strike9.com

However before you scan the picture, please remember to cover your personal details, even the congregation or local place it mention, the few abbreviation typing letters under the logo (they are WTS writer's code).

jwsons

• Xena
    Xena
    What is published represents the viewpoint of our organization as a whole, rather than an individual.

Can you say "collective" aka borg?

It has been our observation that the average reader of our journals does not require such citations.

Don't want to clutter things up with you know facts and stuff...we just ask that they accept whatever we say and don't ask questions...and it appears to work!

Amazing how this stuff reads when you take the rose colored glasses off, huh?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Siting references, in and of itself, does not legitimize any document. Refusing to do so, however, places the validity of assertion well below the level of a sixth grade short-story (a la Readers' Digest). It has been well established that the authors of the Wtower and Awk, misuse reference material even to the point of falsifying the citations' intent. Since the King (Gov Bdy) has no clothes, it is funny what they wrote, hoping you would be stupid enough to accept their stonewalling.

caveman

• avishai
    avishai
    Rather, it is the content of the material and the faithful adherence to the bible that should impress the reader and convince him that the published article is reliable.

Read: Because we say so, that's why!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit