I made a bet...

by Garrett 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Garrett
    Garrett

...with a sister. She says she knows an elder that can prove me wrong in everything I say about the organization. I bet her that he will not be able to answer my questions and if he does, that he will tell me to have faith.

Now, if I lose, I admit I'm wrong and try to come back to the org, if I win, she has to do research into what I said.

What do y'all think? Will I win? Strawpoll --> http://strawpoll.me/6187363

• johnny depp
    johnny depp
    read: jehovah's witnesses, what lies behind the truth and the watchtower society, organizational misbehavior, both by gabriel h Ibarra, you'll blow away everyone
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Tell her to get her checkbook out.
  • johnny depp
    johnny depp
    read: Jehovah's Witnesses, What Lies Behind The Truth, and, The Watchtower Society, Organizational Misbehavior, both by Gabriel H Ibarra, you'll blow away everyone.
  • kairos
    kairos

I've tried this, with the "I'll come back" mention.

They hide...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ask her if she knows which prominent elder said this:

• "I do not answer to Watchtower. .... Watchtower does not have, and never has had, any authority over me." - Gerrit Lösch in a signed Declaration submitted to the Superior Court of the State of California, County of San Diego, dated February 4th, 2014

-

Here is a link to the declaration:

-

Look at Items #8 & 9 on page 2.

Mirror copy

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    you should have bet money. Easy money to you.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I think you will flat out win but as a result, they'll finally be able to disfellowship you for apostasy and the Sister will be publicly reproved for gambling, which will open her eyes to everything else she's been blind to and you'll both live happily ever after.

• careful
    careful
    Maybe a ploy to get you disfellowshiped? Be careful!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If your baptized and you start deeply criticizing certain doctrines or a lot as the case may be.

Expect to be DFed shortly there after.

By the way that's the reason why most JWS don't openly criticize the WTS's doctrines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit