Do You Believe In Polls?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When you hear that the polls say.... do you really believe it??

I think polls can be and often are skewered. I don’t trust them.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I seldom participate so that skews the results. If you look at the wording the questions are leading to the conclusion they want; usually yes or no.

Polls often are used to gauge the populace so lies can be tailored to lull the masses.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When the Poles first arrived here from Poland in the 1800's, I didn't believe in them. But I do now because I love Polish sausage!

just saying!

BTW, the polls had Hillary as president a few years back---right?

• minimus
    minimus

Polish polls are the best poles.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I definitely believe in poll dancers

Image result for pole for dancing

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I attended a District Convention in Poland once and you couldn't see a thing during the Drama because no matter how good your seats were, you were sitting behind a pole.

Seriously though, I agree. Polls can't be relied upon for any more than a general idea of how a certain cross section of people interprets a particularly worded question.

• Simon
    Simon

I believe that polls exist ... beyond that, there is a lot open to interpretation. Actually asking a clear question in an unbiased way to a representative section of the population and getting honest answers is incredibly difficult, which is why the polls are so often wrong.

At best they often just provide some measure of sentiment, but really what everyone already knew anyway.

They confuse precision with accuracy.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Anyone who has taken a basic statistics course in college will understand that the majority of polls are skewed and inaccurate(much more than just the 5% this way or that which is stated)

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

I do believe them. But I try to find more information on how they organised the poll. A lot of polls are useless like - asked only 1000 people or same age etc.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'll only answer if you put this in poll form. Otherwise this post is useless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit