At what point, does one become apostate to the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Vanderhoven7 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thank you Blondie for the excellent quotes showing the Faithful Slave has the authority to judge who gets eternally destroyed.

• blondie
    blondie

That sums it up Vanderhoven7. The WTS says that they can judge people "as a group" saying the religious leaders of Jesus day, if they did not repent before they died, would not be resurrected.. As they say, they don't then they say but they do. As I have said many times on here the WTS has said that elders cannot read hearts and minds, in my opinion, makes them unqualified to make judgements of death on others. One person I knew before a judicial committee, their judgment did not have any effect on that person, the only judgment they were concerned about was God's, who can read minds and hearts.. In the end only he or his representative Jesus are qualified to that. Yes, that always bothered me too. Like elders saying that are only imperfect to excuse the mistakes, but then say that imperfect men can judge others.

I will add that the WTS has said disfellowshipping is like death, since Jews that committed capital crimes were put to death. They then say that the families of the Jew put to death could not talk to that family member. So family and friends of people df'd today, could not talk to that person. (Just reporting WTS ideas, not supporting)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

"Just reporting, not supporting ", is a great turn of phrase.

• blondie
    blondie

I do that so many readers think I am supporting the WTS, I am just reporting on what they have said in print.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit