At what point, does one become apostate to the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Vanderhoven7 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

NOTE:

In my post above I failed to enclose Tonus's remark in quotation marks, which may have created confusion. Sorry 'bout that, and I'll try to be more perfect next time.

:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If you follow the logic in the confidential elders’ handbook, “Shepherding the Flock of God”, you technically become an “apostate” the moment you think the Governing Body is wrong about something.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

When you accept the fact that God doesn't use false prophets.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    blondie: The WTS notes that the minor children of the people who died at the flood died forever.

Hi blondie. I don't doubt you are being accurate but do you have any references for this? Thanks.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The Watchtower corporation(tm) was never a true religion in the first place. Just a cash cow for the gluttons at the top.

You can't become an 'apostate(tm)' from Watchtower(tm) fakery, in the religious sense. Although, they pretend to see it like that because they don't want financial contributors to diminish.

If 'apostasy(tm)' just means a 'moving away from', then Jesus was an 'apostate(tm)' from Judaism. The Watchtower corporation(tm), is 'apostate(tm)' to common sense.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The point at which one becomes an Apostate is when the Elders decide it is so. From the org's point of view.

When two Elders were trying to trap me they repeated the "Loyalty Question " three times in our conversation, put in three different ways, but basically it was did I believe the G.B were god's chosen channel or whatever, I dodged that bullet three times.

But if I had told them my thoughts I would have been DF'd for Apostasy I am sure. And yet they knew nothing of the Doctrines I rejected, and wouldn't have asked.

Beware of Elders bearing gifts, well, pretending to "Shepherd" you !

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The point at which one becomes an Apostate is when the Elders decide it is so. From the org's point of view.

^^^ This. Just this.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

No. In my case they let me be. They knew I had my own thoughts on matters. Then one day I met a sister at the vet. She asked me why I never came to the meetings anymore. I explained to her about the Witnesses and the UN, amomgst other things. I thought it would be good manners answering her and explaining. From that moment onwards they were on my case. Later I found out, one of the reasons why I was disfellowshipped was because I shared my apostate thoughts with others and caused disunity in the congregation. But by then, of course I had written various letters to Brooklyn, New York. I heard the orders to dispatch me came from high up. Moral of the story, you may have apostate thoughts. However you may not share these with others.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You can have your own thoughts on something and maybe, just maybe you can mention it to an Elder if they are super progressive for an Elder….

The minute you voice it to anyone else you will be marked and in the back room.

You can be a secret doubter and live a lie, or you can be an “apostate.” Being an apostate is more fun.

DD

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

Vidiot said:

"If you follow the logic in the confidential elders’ handbook, “Shepherding the Flock of God”, you technically become an “apostate” the moment you think the Governing Body is wrong about something."

I seriously doubt that! Can you supply proof for what you claim, Vidiot? A wild assertion doesn’t prove anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit