Unwritten, congregational 'rules'

by Thetruthhurts 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Dr Who - you've helped me to figure out what was different about my cong so I stayed in.

We had two sister congregations in my area. One was like yours (the picnic one). I did not recognise that congregation as Christian. I could see there was something seriously wrong with it. But the congregation I joined was really nice. Yes, it had been a place of bullies, but they had died off, leaving many kind hearted souls who were at worst naive and a few savvy elders. Also, ones moving from teens to young adulthood who did their own thing.

The savvy elders did deceive me, but they could be very kind.

I guess it didn't last more than a few years like that. Then a CO came along, saw the bad state of the sister congregation, the happy state of ours and mixed all the elders up. The result, my ex-cong gradually became as horrible as the sister cong and I got kicked out last year (2019).

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Anna, we had some really nice brothers in my old congregation too. Some are still there, but as you said they also had a merging and some MTS brothers assigned to it. The congregation went down hill fast. (Also, I have met thru this site some former members of that old congregation who were always pretty cool then, and I am happy to say they are now out also!)

• tiki
    tiki

Reminded of yet another....regarding the resolutions..when the question who seconds this motion was asked ...only an appointed servant could do the honors. I recall once when my husband (a non titled brother) raised his hand to second it and was called on...and then the bro on the stage asked for a second one to second the motion and got a titled one to do so. Idiots.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    it has now been forbidden for anyone to bring back the love of a congregation.

Really? Not even COs? They used to do it habitually. I’d like to see this directive.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The big one in our hall was no frontal hugs!

Thetruthhurts ...

Then what do you do, hug people in the ass?

Rub a Dub

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

During the years I was "in" a couple of times i tried to wear a beard only to be told it wasn`t for christians nowadays ,and later,

on another occassion I was told by an Elder that i was being a narcissist because you have to take so much time looking at yourself in the mirror while you are trimming your beard .?

I now have had my beard for 27 years and I think I would be lucky to look in a mirror once in a month ? to trim it ?

Update : I now get a couple of chicks at the hairdressers to give me a one all over # 3 head and beard every couple of months .

Its heaven .

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Denim skirts. Stiletto heels. Highlights in your hair. Black nailpolish. Anything pink for men. Red lipstick. Apparently red says 'come hither'!

we were always admonished before conventions not to wear heavy perfumes/colognes. Allergic reactions and such.I love perfumes /colognes and always had 'em on but made sure not to sit close to older generation (i respect peoples allergies).

No large earrings. Many sisters in our hall loved jewelry. patterned hoses are provocative, strictly no!

No separate colored suits-jackets.

Not to work with the same person in the field circus everytime or frequently, go figure!

Zing

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Around the early 80s a list of music that was unacceptable for JWs came from London bethel had a relative there

One was a bridge over troubled water by Simon and Garfunkel think the idea was it was about heaven and hell

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Doctor Who: She was also publicly reproved 2 weeks later.

I hope the Circuit Overseer heard about this and was more balanced. Even by JWs standards, this is crazy.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Fadeaway1962: Bridge Over Troubled Water sang by Elvis (written by Simon and Garfunkel) is one of my favorite songs of all time. I dare them!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit