Spanish Forum is being shut down

by ILoveTTATT2 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Yeah... I keep checking it every couple of hours.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

It looks like it has already shut down.

I would appreciate to have further feedback from Simon regarding a possible Spanish version of this forum or rather I will continue to build up any other possibilities...

• Simon
    Simon

I'm a bit confused now, is it actually officially closing down through planned choice or has it simply crashed / experiencing temporary technical issues?

If it's the latter then I'm not interested in taking advantage of someone else's issues to effectively go into competition with them.

Is someone definitely in contact with the owners of the site about the plans for it?

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    I'm a bit confused now, is it actually officially closing down through planned choice or has it simply crashed / experiencing temporary technical issues?
    If it's the latter then I'm not interested in taking advantage of someone else's issues to effectively go into competition with them.
    Is someone definitely in contact with the owners of the site about the plans for it?
    Hi Simon,

The owner of the site placed a post a couple of days ago saying that it was no joke, that they were dead serious, they were shutting down the forum come December.

I think that it crashed because many users tried to download the entire forum all at once. I am not technical but that is my hunch.

I don't have a direct contact with the forum owners, but at least as of the last moment before it crashed, it was going to be shut down.
  • sp74bb
    sp74bb

Hello Simon,

The shutdown was set for December but some has been trying to backup the files. Doing the backup files were finally corrupted, so we shall start any new forum from scratch...

We doubt very much to recover any data.

There is no plan now for them to take back their decision...

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Hi sp74bb, what about the copy that Jose had???

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks for clarifying.

I can see people attempting to download the site temporarily bringing it down, weird that it would corrupt the database (although it's possibly completely unrelated). I don't know what hosting or technology they used though.

If it's not been restored after a few days, it might be best to assume that it's not going to be - backups tend to be those things you have to hand and if you don't, well, you don't and they never magically turn up. I can imagine the impetus to do a lot of work restoring a system that is already scheduled to be decommissioned rather diminished unless people are very dedicated and have the spare time / dogged determination to work at it.

And of course if they have no backup to restore their own site, it might mean they are unable to provide a backup to anyone else for smoother continuity.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

It's really sad, because of the sheer amount of information that was there... I am glad I downloaded a lot of the documents I needed for my activism!

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

José tried to backup but he failed...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit