Evolution or Creation Poll

by Vanderhoven7 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dozy
    dozy
    roughly a third of Americans reject microbe to man evolution as well.

With respect , this is the country that elected Donald Trump as President. Not exactly the brightest...

What always strikes me with JWs is that on the one hand they deny evolution , on the other hand they say that all of todays life forms have developed over just over 4,000 years ago from all the animals in the ark - which would be an astonishing rate of hyper evolution.

• LV101
    LV101

Ahh, what a loser comparison when all the country needed was 8 more years of Obama/Clinton/fake/propaganda, unparalleled crime/corruption and DC swamp -- definitely far from bright! Facts/reality a beautiful thang so now let's return to more re/evolution of knowledgable researchers.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Poll Update: Numbers appear to be changing rapidly. If I was permitted to add my vote, the count thus far indicates that half of the number of forum members believe in special creation rather than the theory of evolution.

@cofty

Re: Microbe to Man Evolution

Can you please defend your faith without getting personal or labeling creationists as buffoons and the like? Discrediting people based on books they have or haven't read or how many science degrees they have or have not acquired rather than challenging their ideas will not convince anyone that your views on evolution are factual or even possible.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Vandy with all due respect even my year 8 kids could answer the multiple choice questions posed in the video (the two sitting at the desk). I'm absolutely gobsmacked that adults can hold such an event and think it does anything but make the questioner look foolish.

Can a car turn into an airplane? You could ask Rolls Royce, I'm sure they could manage it pretty easily.

• LV101
    LV101

lol/of course, Rolls Royce has always made engines for flying apparatus - all kinds of planes.

• LV101
    LV101

I think we all feel bad when we go off -- unfortunately, after a few minutes we can't hit delete and it all go away -- I missed my time zone re/the political above and realize others need to express their political disgust. We've all been there. Best to learn to bite my tongue when posting, too.

• cofty
    cofty
    Discrediting people based on books they have or haven't read - Vander

When somebody dismisses one of the best established facts known to science and yet admits to knowing absolutely not one single thing about the topic that is more than enough reason to discredit their opinions.

half of the number of forum members believe in special creation - Vander

Don't confuse popularity with veracity.

Also your arithmetic is as good as your science. 15/49 x 100 = 31% not half.

If there are any evolution deniers here who have studied the scientific case for evolution they are notable by their silence.

Can you please defend your faith ... - Vander

Good try at equating science with religious superstitions.

Saying that somebody has faith in evolution is like saying we need faith to how an internal combustion engine works. Once you study the science and engineering and spend years working on them no faith is required - only evidence.

Evolution is a Fact Parts 1-40 ...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    the count thus far indicates that half of the number of forum members believe in special creation rather than the theory of evolution.
    Also your arithmetic is as good as your science. 15/49 x 100 = 31% not half.

I understood Vanderhoven7 to mean a third, since a third is half of two thirds.

• cofty
    cofty

Vander said that 'half of the number of forum members' believe in creation.

The actual figure is 31% (based on a tiny sample)

I know you don't believe that facts exist SBF but maths is not a matter of personal opinion or perspective. That is the beauty of maths; answers are either right or wrong. No amount of PoMO bullshit can change that.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I don't believe I gave a percentage. The count was 32 likes and with my vote 16 dislikes at the time. What I said is that half the number of people voted for creation as those who did for evolution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit