Why did the Governing Body come behind the curtain?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Giordano
    Giordano
    This goes booth ways.
    If they were still hidden, you would have accused them of being arrogant and pompous.

I think it's arrogant to make up a false equivalent when you don't know shit.

The hidden GB was a do nothing group for decades...... they were not front and center. They never had the chops for good public speaking, they could walk into a gathering and were totally unknown outside of Bethel.

Speaking about Bethel it was all about power trips, jockeying for position, dreaming up new rules and regulations to hound the JW's.

That comes across when the TV stars GB speaks.......... you get a blend of arrogance and ignorance based on the fact they have reached the highest level.

Then they tried to become house hold names through their televised appearances. Instead they have become a motley collection of dimwits.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

There is a major difference between the Wizard of Oz and the GB. It took a moment, but the WoZ understood that once the curtain was pulled back he couldn't keep the act up. The GB believe that the curtain is irrelevant. They are completely clueless!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@Rules and regulations.

I recognize that place with Geoffrey Jackson standing in the middle of the two Jdrones. That's the Stanley Theater in Jersey City. Spent many days there for conventions. Beautiful place, too bad it's use to indoctrinate people.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

We can now see their ugly mugs but that's about it. They haven't come out from behind any curtain or closet or revealed anything. Most of what the GB and WTBTS do is still well and truly hidden from JWs. Even us as researching apostates only have glimpses of the tip of the iceberg re their business dealings, associates, back of backroom discussions, how they do things, to who and how much they pay for this and that, where the money is going where the money is coming from, the real reason behind new light, the legal department the real estate side of things, their plans for the future for the website etc... A full 360 degree of view? We don't know the half of it.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    The latest Governing Body was stacked with "Ted Jaracz Yes-Men." He and the gang put a bunch of organizational ass-kissers in, so they could retain power with a voting block. WELL, THEY ARE FREE OF TED NOW, able to think for themselves, only they don't think for themselves.

In any normal organization, this leadership vacuum would leave it vulnerable to a coup by a younger charismatic up-and-comer.

Whether it happens with JWs remains to be seen. Decades of GB worship will make it hard for a wannabe, modern-day JF Rutherford to successfully pull it off.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Reminds me of the Judy Collins song

"Send in the clowns"

just saying!

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Why did the Governing Body come behind the curtain?

To see what was on the other side of course.

Many have listed what I think are good reasons. Who is else is going to represent the WT but the GB? They are certainly deluded enough to believe that only they could truly represent the best of God's organization. If they were hesitant at first, it would only take some ego stroking to make them think that they thought of it first.

Now that the first act is over - breaking the ice and showing that the GB are just one of us - they will be quietly retired to the shadows lest any too human qualities shine though. Although it's a little too late for that. And by now, they are used to being on the throne so good luck with that.

Hey I just had a thought of how useful Warwick could be. Let everyone know that it is the place where god most often communicates with them. Have them permanently retire there. Then when groups of visitors tour, have them be seen off at a distance, giving a friendly wave. Except they are just Disney robots.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Rules & Regs - "Why did the Governing Body come (out from) behind the curtain?"

Same reason they've autographed Bibles in the past.

'Cause the siren call of public acclaim and attention - this time in the form of TV broadcasting - was just too tempting to resist.

:smirk:

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

The brainwashed majority cannot see it other than what they are told it is. I happened to comment on a friend's FB post something about the GB. After which I was jumped on because I had suggested that they were not led by HS. In reply I pointed out that that November article a year ago the GB said that the food they produce isn't always perfect or true. My exfriend has since blocked me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit